Post Likes

19XR Compressor ! Oil Fim Bearing or Ball Bearing ?

Hello to all

I have two chiller Carrier 19XR, and I wonder to know how if they are equipped with bearing classico oil film, or ball bearing elements ?
    In the service parts,Carrier makes reference to serial Nde of the group but not has that of the compressor!
    My two machines are assembled in France, thus not same serial Nde. Serial Nde of my compressors is:
    02XR455DFS52, S/N: 65416, and 65136
    Exists you he(it) a document which indicates this kind of difference on base of N of series of the compressor?
    Thank you for your attention
    Impeller

Post Likes
    Don’t know about yours specifically but all the North American 19XR’s I have seen are babbitt lined sleeve bearings. I have only ever seen roller bearings on Trane’s personally.

Post Likes
    Hello nyrb

On 19XR4, after s/n 2511Q------ Serial number, carrier use the roller lment on hight speed shaft.
    the low speed shaft use the typical babbit bearing.
    The major difference, is when you must do overhaul the machine, you don't remove the hight speed shaft assembly by the front compressor !!( the assembly is retained inside)
    you must do remove the stator and gear assembly before !!

Is not the same job !! completly different method !

Post Likes
    Admittedly I have only had Frame 3 size compressors apart on Carrier machines. I was unaware of roller bearings in the larger sizes.

Post Likes
    Yes, probably you have the 19XR machines built before 2002, after this period Carrier use the roller bearings on all sizes machines.

But i don't always make a difference , when i see the external compressor !
    Maybee, with the serial compressor number ? Can be someone in an answer or an idea?
    Thanks,nyrb

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPELLER View Post
    Yes, probably you have the 19XR machines built before 2002, after this period Carrier use the roller bearings on all sizes machines.

But i don't always make a difference , when i see the external compressor !
    Maybee, with the serial compressor number ? Can be someone in an answer or an idea?
    Thanks,nyrb
    I see your profile indicates you're from France which might explain the difficulty interpreting your posts.

I say this because Carrier, like most manufacturers, may do things differently in Europe than in the US.

That said, IF there are NO differences, the first 4 digits in the UNIT serial number, located on the nameplate on the side of the PIC control panel, indicates the week and year (respectively) of manufacturing. So the 2511Q you referenced in your previous post indicates the 25th week of 2011 manufacturing date. If the Frame 4 compressor you have has a serial AFTER 2511, its a rolling element thrust bearing machine, PRIOR to that date would be a kingsbury thrust.

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by tcy612; 04-17-2018 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Typing

7. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post