Post Likes

Carrier 58MVB080 issue and tech support

Called to a carrier 58MVB080 that my company installed in 2006. Very first service call to it. Exhaust, outdoors smells. Performed combustion analysis and found over 1400 ppm of co at the vent. At this point I'm figuring the secondary heat exchanger is plugged. (Vent size, installation etc. is all correct per installation manual) long time experienced contractor here.
    Don't come across a lot of Carrier stuff and the what I do, I'm not real impressed.... any on going issues with these heat exchangers??? Second one in two weeks..
    Biggest complaint... I called Carrier tech... they now want $100.00 for technical service call. Really???? Thoughts? Thanks
    once you think you know everything, you'll never learn another thing!

Post Likes
    Carrier heat exchanger issues are well known.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Carrier heat exchanger issues are well known.

I Googled it tonight.... wow... I see that they are.
    once you think you know everything, you'll never learn another thing!

Post Likes
    100 bucks for what exactly?!

Post Likes
    Starting this past Monday, 4/9/18, whenever you call Carrier tech service for assistance, they charge your credit card $100.00. This is good for 90 dayís on that case number.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ddalberto View Post
    Starting this past Monday, 4/9/18, whenever you call Carrier tech service for assistance, they charge your credit card $100.00. This is good for 90 dayís on that case number.
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Is this on a recording or in writing somewhere?

Post Likes
    New thing for carrier. But was told by them today that it only applies to companies that donít have an account, and homeowners. Iíve had an account for 20+ years so it didnít apply to us. The women who called me back made a mistake.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ddalberto View Post
    New thing for carrier. But was told by them today that it only applies to companies that donít have an account, and homeowners. Iíve had an account for 20+ years so it didnít apply to us. The women who called me back made a mistake.
    Probably trying to free up the support techs from talking to idiots. I used to work at a Carrier FAD and we were supposed to have priority....never happened. Always on hold or having to leave a message. I hated to ever have to call.

9. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Guess I canít blame them for that. No need to call in for help to diagnose a bad igniter. Lol.

Post Likes
    Yes, they are very common. I think as he don't has a warranty period so there's no way but to give $100 and fix it.

Post Likes
    That was a mild one. I got one that hit 3876 ppm then the analyzer shut down to protect itself

This $100 crap, is this a particular wholesaler that does this or Carrier itself?

Post Likes
    Wow they have been having delaminated secondaries for years and years, are the new ones pvc also?