+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What experience with electric smokers?

Post Likes

What experience with electric smokers?

Hi guys, I'm writing a post about electric smoker so I would like to add experiences from other owners.

So be free to bring your opinion about next questions:

Why electric vs gas..?
    How long do you have a smoker?
    Which model of smoker do you have?
    What do you like and dislike about your smoker?
    If you have had more than one smoker in your life, which one was the best for you?

Please give me as much information as possible to write a detailed post.

Thank you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Federaler View Post
    Hi guys, I'm writing a post about electric smoker so I would like to add experiences from other owners.

So be free to bring your opinion about next questions:

Why electric vs gas..? because gas isnt allowed in the apartment complex

How long do you have a smoker? 4 years

Which model of smoker do you have? the 175$ electric one from Lowe's

https://express.google.com/product/1...FQQYAQodolYNlA

What do you like and dislike about your smoker? ease of use. but the control panel is not water tight. it has to be covered and a cover isnt sold for it

If you have had more than one smoker in your life, which one was the best for you? this small one is fine for me. I can do a large ham or turkey or anything else, too. plus, if it goes bad, parts are available but it's not a huge loss to buy a new one.

Please give me as much information as possible to write a detailed post.

Thank you
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Thank you for your advice. I use some of your advice in my post about an electric smoker
    Last edited by beenthere; 04-16-2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Removed link

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Federaler View Post
    Thank you for your advice. I use some of your advice in my post about an electric smoker
    If you continue to post links like that. You will be considered a spammer, and banned.

Post Likes
    Have both Electric and pellet.

As far as flavor, nothing will beat a charcoal/stick burner. But an electric will be able to get more smoke than a pellet will. Theres a reason they make smoke generators for Traeger's. The pellets burn too clean. Watch a traeger, you'll see the smoke come and go as the auger loads the pot and the fire takes off. Don't get me wrong, i don't use my electric much (plan to use it camping). The Masterbuilt's issue is the continually loading the chips. Every 45 minutes. I can set some pork butt or ribs on the pellet grill and leave it all day. The electric ones aren't the best design for tending either. If you want to throw some apple juice, bbq sauce, add some vegtables or check temp its not the easiest or cleanest.

I will say though that everything i did on the electric i smoked at 275 vs 200 on the pellet grill. Its tough to get as much flavor on the pellet grill so i end up going lower trying to absorb more.

You'll get a smoke ring on the pellets, none on the electric.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LoraMoser View Post
    Have both Electric and pellet.

. The Masterbuilt's issue is the continually loading the chips. Every 45 minutes.

I will say though that everything i did on the electric i smoked at 275 vs 200 on the pellet grill. Its tough to get as much flavor on the pellet grill so i end up going lower trying to absorb more.

You'll get a smoke ring on the pellets, none on the electric.
    I have both pellet and electric also. Get the Amazen tray. It’s a maze that you fill with pellets and light with a torch. Pellets will smoke 6-8 hrs letting you to leave the master built for hours. Google mailbox mod. Works great. Cold smoke is possible since you don’t have to turn smoker on.
    I know old thread. But if you don’t like filling your electric chip tray so much, this works great. Amazen products also sells wood pellets and dust that are pure wood not oak based for fruit and nut woods.

Post Likes
    I have an electric smoker. I've never had a normal one, but I know from my limited experience that the flavor isn't quiiiite as good, and I don't get much of a smoke ring. That said, it's INCREDIBLY easy to use/maintain, and everything that I've made (that I haven't ****ed up) has been great and my friends all love it. I live in an urban area, so having a normal one doesn't really make sense, and my electric is the next best thing. I'm happy with it.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Most of the time they are really good if from any good and reputable brand. Its efficiency also depends upon your smartness and care while using it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in