Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Thanks Bill, I appreciate the feedback. Looking forward to making a choice between the two.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Max View Post
    Thanks Bill, I appreciate the feedback. Looking forward to making a choice between the two.
    My Pleasure!

Post Likes
    Ditto on the fluke 902 it happens to be my go to meter for 75 percent of the time. it is built ultra tough and rugged just like any fluke. I also use an amprobe acd-51 nav clamp meter which does in rush amps and it can check phase rotation. It also has non contact voltage, dc micro amps, frequency, power factor, temperature and has a jaw light although the head does not swivel. It is an awesome meter although the case is kinda lacking. I would highly recommend it also. In all honesty i could get away with only using this meter but i still like the fluke and always was taught to have a back up meter and check measurements between each meter if you are getting an uncommon reading. I feel that the fluke is a better built meter but i also cant really find anything wrong with the amprobe and both have never let me down. The amprobe also comes with better test leads in my personal opinion.

Post Likes
    Great recommendation Hamilton, thank you. I was very close on pulling the trigger on the 902. It looks like a great meter and has great reviews here. I close to buying it and then realized it doesnt do inrush amp draw. For some reason I thought it did. I feel like I can live without a few features on a clamp meter if I pair it with a good dvm but I need to it be able to measure inrush amps.

Might have to go with your amprobe 51 nav or the 320. Looks like maybe flukes clamp meter that checks inrush is the 376? Would love to get a fluke but the 376 costs so much.

Post Likes
    I'm in the NW also and I know what you mean with the rain. That's one reason why I haven't a bought digital manifold yet.

Post Likes
    Did you decide on a new meter yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12