Post Likes

Hobart dishwasher leaking

I need some help coming up with a fix for this unit. This is a Hobart conveyor CLPS66E. The machine is leaking from the wash section, specifically the back wall just above the conveyer. There’s a seam there where the top half and bottom half of the unit bolts together. I can see where the rubber seal has blown out.

I think it’s going to be a major ordeal to replace the rubber gasket. The entire unit will need removed and then separated top to bottom. Once it’s all unbolted I’ll have to lift the top half up a few inches and replace the seal.

That’s going to be a huge undertaking. Is there a way to seal it from the inside? I don’t think any silicone would last more than a few hours. I tried putting a super sticky rubber window flashing over it but that lasted about 10 seconds. I was considering TIG’ing it but I’ll melt the good sections and of the rubber seal I’m sure.

Any thoughts?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    I need some help coming up with a fix for this unit. This is a Hobart conveyor CLPS66E. The machine is leaking from the wash section, specifically the back wall just above the conveyer. There’s a seam there where the top half and bottom half of the unit bolts together. I can see where the rubber seal has blown out.

I think it’s going to be a major ordeal to replace the rubber gasket. The entire unit will need removed and then separated top to bottom. Once it’s all unbolted I’ll have to lift the top half up a few inches and replace the seal.

That’s going to be a huge undertaking. Is there a way to seal it from the inside? I don’t think any silicone would last more than a few hours. I tried putting a super sticky rubber window flashing over it but that lasted about 10 seconds. I was considering TIG’ing it but I’ll melt the good sections and of the rubber seal I’m sure.

Any thoughts?
    Yes its going to be a huge pain in the ass ! With the water temp around 160 and the detergent ,it will eat away at silicone .....
    Im not sure on that model if it uses actually seals or has that real gummy sticky stuff that Hobart supplies when receiving new unit ?
    Taking it apart wont be easy !
    You got nothing to lose at this point , trying sealing inside and outside with a product like Permatex ... or J B Weld ......damn if crack was big enough spray foam....hahaha.......let me know how u made out.....I will try to talk to my contacts at Hobart and ask , but there going to say take apart

Post Likes
    truck bed liner. go on their off day. sand and clean it. roll bed liner across the seam. once it sets it's forever.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Glennac - Failed my biology test today: They asked, "What is commonly found in cells?" Apparently "BL*** people" wasn't the correct answer.
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Dont weld it. Let the machine dry up a period and find some "permagum" or non toxic sticky tack and jam it down the seam then put a bead of high temp latex silicone over the gum and let cure for a day before using the machine.

Post Likes
    As much as I am a fan of welding everything, I don't recommend it, unless you plan on welding the entire seam, you won't be able to do just one section without frying the seal on the rest.

I did some crack repair welding on a cooling tower base here some weeks or months ago, was 8" or so away from the corner of the tank and it had a silicone sealant in it, opened it right up and it had to be resealed.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    We've got many rolls of this r-e-a-l-l-y sticky, gray stuff on our Hobart shelf at work. From what the guys tell me, it's used to seal the seams on Hobart machines during assembly.
    My guess is that it was left behind by Hobart techs at some point during some installs. We have seventeen Hobarts on property (ALL sizes), so that's probably the case.

I'll see if any of it has a part number still attached and post it here.
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

7. Likes VanMan812 liked this post
    In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    I'll see if any of it has a part number still attached and post it here.
    Here it is:
    https://thesmartpartsestore.hobartse...rtby=BESTMATCH

After an unboxing:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    Thank you. That looks like the stuff that Wells sends with their hot wells. I have some but certainly not that much!

I still haven’t decided what to do. I want to call a company like 3M and see what they recommend. A lot of the ideas here sound good too so we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk