+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CVHB Starter

Post Likes

CVHB Starter

Does anyone have a complete wiring diagram for a CVHB with a 4160v starter? I have 2 partial diagrams, but they are from different machines.

It seems like some kind of RV starter, but I do not recognize exactly how it works. I have a K27 start contactor in series with a K26 reactor going to the motor.

I am pretty sure my issue is with one of my relays, but it would be helpful to have a little more information. Chiller is from 1983, 1000ton.

Post Likes
    Autotransformer? Here's what I got.CVHB-W-3_06011976.pdf

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thank you. I do believe it is an auto-transformer, but slightly different from that literature. I’ve got K23 K24 K26X K27X CR relays and K26 K27 contactors in the starter I’m working on.

K23 and K24 have NC and NO contacts in a series-parallel setup going to a device called CB13.

I am pretty sure terminal 14 is start from the chiller control panel.

Post Likes
    Your going to have to contact the vender directly to obtain your information.
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

Post Likes
    You mean Westinghouse? Our local Trane rep didn’t have much.

Post Likes
    Just wanted to post an update.

It was an auto transformer starter. K27 was a 3-pole contactor coming off the disconnect. K28 was a 2-pole start contactor in series with K27, that directed B phase through the autotransformer taps. K26 was the run contractor that came in after the timer S4 indicated transition.

Turns out the issue was not actually with the controls, but the mechanical interlock between K26 and K28. It relied on gravity to release the lock when the starter transitions, but the support bearings are partially seized up.

I still never found a working diagram, so I will likely continue trying to seek one out. Once I meet the required number of posts I will upload the partial diagrams I have. Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in