Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2
    Post Likes

    Carrier FIOP codes

    Does anyone have a document showing the Carrier FIOP code nomenclature? I found a few old threads with people asking this, but the attachments were no longer posted. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,359
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klb311 View Post
    Does anyone have a document showing the Carrier FIOP code nomenclature? I found a few old threads with people asking this, but the attachments were no longer posted. Thanks in advance.
    Can you post the model number of the unit in question and what the specific FIOP code is you are trying to determine?
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    Can you post the model number of the unit in question and what the specific FIOP code is you are trying to determine?
    I don't have a specific one right now, but I run into this issue from time to time and if there is a document that breaks them all down, that would be most useful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Billington Heights, NY
    Posts
    19,849
    Post Likes
    I dont think there is one specific table of codes as it's all referenced by model number.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

    Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,359
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    I dont think there is one specific table of codes as it's all referenced by model number.
    I agree with HVAC_Marc.

    Some of the codes might overlap between pieces of equipment, but I have never seen a cheat sheet that will work for all units.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hardin, TX
    Posts
    156
    Post Likes
    They are correct the code for each piece of equipment is different, some of the VAV boxes have about 30-40 places. You should be able to download the product data sheet from the Carrier website for each piece.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.