Post Likes

Testo 605i vs Fieldpiece SRH2/3 vs others...?

Trying to decide on a good digital psychrometer. So far the Testo 605i and the Fieldpiece SRH3 are looking like good options. I tried the Fieldpiece pocket/pen-style probe and it sucked because it was so slow! Any recommendations on a good, fast unit?

Post Likes
    I have a pair of the 605i smart probes. They work great. Compared to the iConnect probes they read pretty damn close. The only downfall is the Bluetooth range.
    I keep them as a backup.
    The nice thing about the FP is the telescopic probe. On the downside you have a bulky meter in your hands.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Visit us at Dr. Degree°s HVAC
    or like us on Facebook

3. Likes rjk_cmh liked this post
    Post Likes
    I have had the SRH3 for years and it works great. That being said it is becoming outdated with the newer Bluetooth technology. You have Testo, Fieldpiece, and iManifold/iConnect that all have wireless psychometric probes available, and there's probably more out there or will be soon.

I have seen numerous people say the Testo are great except the Blutooth range is short. The Fieldpiece seems to be good except you have to make sure you start the app with an internet connection or it won't work (other people's words, not mine). The iManifold works great for me, but it's overkill to get just the module and the psychometric probes for humidity readings. It's meant to be ordered as a kit for system diagnosis.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    I should say, I already have iConnect, and it is definitely overkill when I'm doing room diagnostics. So what I'm looking for would ideally be the PRH2, but not so damn slow. If the testo didn't have to connect to my phone, I would jump on it. Anyone use the Amprobe/Extech stuff, is it fast? It's got the right form factor.

Post Likes
    The SRH3 us still good, I love the telescoping probe. It is a little slow but not to bad.
    You might want to look at the Testo 605-H1 then. Small, self contained, technically the predecessor to the 605i. many people have written that they loved the 605-H1
    I can't speak for the other brands you mentioned.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    The reason I was avoiding the H1 and H2 was because of reports of them breaking the wires inside the swivel joint. The 625 is a bit expensive, and apparently has battery door issues, but it would work for the occasional duct measurement as well as free air.

Post Likes
    I ended up finding what seems to be a decent deal on the Testo 625, so I jumped on it. Was less than 2 bills from testo-direct with a 5% off promo.

Post Likes
    Just got this 625 in today. It's lightweight, almost to the point of feeling cheesy, but not quite as bad once I put the battery in. It is amazingly fast on the humidity readings - I can barely breathe on it and it will react instantly! Exactly what I was looking for! Additionally, the temp sensor agrees with my Fluke K-type, so I trust it a lot more. On first impressions, I'm totally satisfied.

10. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    My Fieldpiece PRH2 is fast enough for me. I also have a Testo humidity stick but takes longer to settle down. For $50.00, the Fieldpiece works for me.
    Doug

12. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    The SRH3 us still good, I love the telescoping probe. It is a little slow but not to bad.
    You might want to look at the Testo 605-H1 then. Small, self contained, technically the predecessor to the 605i. many people have written that they loved the 605-H1
    I can't speak for the other brands you mentioned.
    The 605-H series has the battery door issue, it just won't stay in place. Their fix, or someone's, was to supply wide rubber bands.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

14. Likes DavidDeBord, rjk_cmh liked this post
    Post Likes
    I am lucky. I have the older version of the 605H
    Doug