Post Likes

RECLAIMING R-11 CENTRAVAC

I have personally done about a 1/2 dozen 19 XR tear downs and a couple of Tranes CHVE with R-123 in them . Starting a 1983 Trane CHVE045 with R-11 this week . What's a good vacuum to verified I got the Gold out of it .
    Reusing the Refrigerant all said and done .
    Never mind found it and with a few derogatory comments on the post by the usually suspect . Happy Monday

Post Likes
    first one i did only took it yo -14" wc but back together woo and be-hold was 300 pound short customer and boss was pissed, that was the 70's now we know to go at least -24"wc or vacuum! retired now don't give a rat's ass!

3. Likes Nuclrchiller liked this post
    Post Likes
    thanks Mathias ,
    Enjoy the well deserve Retirement . Hope all body parts are working well from this trade . Alexa told me today I had 1947 days left ,but who is counting . Cheers

Post Likes
    Epa 25 mm hg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JEF1980 View Post
    Epa 25 mm hg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Correct 25mmhg or 28.9", I use a vacuum gauge and recover down to 25000 microns if the machine has no leaks.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Proud 597UA Chicago myself . 28.9 . 25,000 it will be . Thanks Brother

Post Likes
    I like to run chiller water through the recovery system, gives a vapor pull down. I like to go over EPA guidelines to 29" hg. No micron is necessary at this point. I have several school district maint. techs, who think 20" hg is max. Needless to say I spend my first day completing their recovery and of course there is always air in the system. I have a old Trane oil pressure regulator set at 6# to allow non-condonsables to escape again using chilled water as the condensing medium.
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

9. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN, Nuclrchiller liked this post
    Post Likes
    If I suspect air may play a role, I will setup our portable purge to remove air from the tank.
    Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Political Correctness is forced on you because you have forgotten decency.

11. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN, Nuclrchiller liked this post
    Post Likes
    Jayguy - I agree that a purge would work great, however I have used chilled water to condense the vapor and it gelps seperating it out. I hear my relief valve belch several times. After warming up to room temp I am very close in pressure temp. If I had the option of a portable purge unit I would use it instead, but it is what it is. -GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

13. Likes jayguy, Nuclrchiller liked this post