Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I like that they use Belimo in the VAV controller. Do you know of any pricing and how it is comparable to other devices from manufacturers?

Post Likes
    I've posted this before. See attached HVAC Exam - oldie but goodie. Whatever controls you learn, you can't go wrong learning Tridium, or at least be familiar with it. Knowing the T-box is a good base. And these days you've got to have a solid foundation in IT, networks, protocols, etc - also see attached. All the best.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Likes DavidDeBord, hvacpilot liked this post
    Post Likes
    Stuart -

You have mail.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tridiumtech View Post
    I've posted this before. See attached HVAC Exam - oldie but goodie. Whatever controls you learn, you can't go wrong learning Tridium, or at least be familiar with it. Knowing the T-box is a good base. And these days you've got to have a solid foundation in IT, networks, protocols, etc - also see attached. All the best.
    I found that I learned nothing I'm the tridium class. My instructor had never been in the HVAC controls industry and couldn't answer many of the HVAC related questions. It is a great system and used in many applications. What was your training like? Or did you come from graphical and it was easy to pick up?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I highly recommend MOV training. Instructor Vern is the best. And he knows HVAC (ex Honeywell).

http://www.movtraining.com/http://www.movtraining.com/

7. Likes actuator, raysting23 liked this post
    Post Likes
    I highly recommend MOV training. Instructor Vern is the best. And he knows HVAC (ex Honeywell).

http://www.movtraining.com/http://www.movtraining.com/

9. Likes -BAS- liked this post
    Post Likes
    BAS -

U have email.

11. Likes -BAS- liked this post
    Post Likes
    Check out Phil Zito. We've followed him on LinkedIn for a while now and his content seems great for beginners to really learn BMS. He's a really committed/diligent worker who seems to connect with students and actually cares about them learning the material.

13. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post
    Post Likes
    Oh, another great place to start in controls is installing them for a year or two before jumping behind the laptop.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Oh, another great place to start in controls is installing them for a year or two before jumping behind the laptop.

kontrol out
    I think becoming a technician has the same impact. You're still going to learn a lot about wiring with the added benefit of developing sequences, downloading controllers, process, commissioning, etc. Installers are great but it's always the technician who has to troubleshoot the combination of wiring, software and I/O to ensure everything is actually working correctly.

I'd suggest running through a course like Phil's to understand the theory and process and get in the field for a couple years to actually experience it first hand. From there you can decide to gravitate to more programming if that's what you choose, but make sure you get the hands on first.

16. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EnerDapt, Inc. View Post
    Check out Phil Zito. We've followed him on LinkedIn for a while now and his content seems great for beginners to really learn BMS. He's a really committed/diligent worker who seems to connect with students and actually cares about them learning the material.
    He has a podcast out called Building Automation Monthly. If you know nothing in the field this is likely the easiest intro into controls. It's a free podcast but sometimes a bit dry as it's mostly just him and he talks slow so I bump it up to about 1.3x.
    Scott Jalbert
    WebCTRL ninja
    AX and Smartstruxure newb

The S in IoT stands for Security

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartm View Post
    Im a second year hvac apprentice and a licensed electrician with about 10 years in industrial. Ive worked around some delta building control stuff but thats about it. All my other experience is plc or dcs based.

Whats the easiest platform to get into for basic stuff, or a step above a wall stat. The company i work for would like to get into "very basic" controls, aka a roof top with controls and a few vav's.

are companies like honeywell and johnsons easier to get into than say something like kmc or reliable?

I live in a place where no real company training is ever given i would have to go to toronto or the states for any real company training classes.
    Zelio smart relays are OK
    The DDC system... guilty until proven innocent

Post Likes
    I work in an environment with Johnson, Automated Logic, Tracer Summit, Tracer SC, and Siemens Insight. I personally like the JCI stuff the best, and don't care for the logic configs on the others. I can do Johnson Metasys in my sleep, but it's expensive hardware. I've been checking into some stuff I found the other day that I think you should start dabbling with, and your employer can get into it fairly cheap. Ideal in small scale, and web accessible with some YouTube vids u can watch. The only thing holding me back is it isn't UL-compliant for use with monitoring commercial fire alarms, so I have to stick with JCI for that. The stuff I'm talking about is at www.controlbyweb.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast