Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    Verify correct inlet pressure, on a cold nigh,t when the most heaters are on, at the trouble unit.
    Agreed. While your manometer is hooked up to the inlet, turn on other gas appliances and see if it maintains pressure. Who knows maybe they did a bad load calc on their gas line?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joemach View Post
    No input guys? Pilot went out again last night.
    It's odd that it's only happening at night, especially " (5 times a week)".

How is this unit Vented? From what you've supplied, I'm assuming that this is a"Standing Pilot", & not Spark, or HSI.

Have you checked the thermocouple, as far as position, being burnt, properly mounted to the Gas Valve etc.?

How is the Flue Terminated? What about the Flue Pipe, ... any Birds nests, or Illegal Immigrants hiding out in it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeitcold View Post
    Ill admit I havent worked on a green houses but have found with propane that you will usually find out about regulator issuses or moisture contamination once it drops below freezing at night but will work and test fine when you show up the next day( when its warmed up). You may have just enough pressure to run one unit at night or maybe that unit is getting moisture in it at night and freezing, snuffing the pilot. Could be a bunch of things but I like Hvac Marcs idea best. Eliminates all the problems that go with pilot lights( including possibly your issues) and at whatever your customer pays for propane will pay for itself decently quickly. Payback is even quicker if its a business(florist?) and you count lost product, which I would. If nothing else you may have to show up and test the system when its in the 20s and see whats diifrent at that temp
    -------------

I was going to say "Second Stage Regulator", but Makeitcold, kinda beat me to it.

I've seen Second Stage Regulators Lock Up, &/or run out of wack, due to moisture that became lodged in them. I've also seen Second Stage Regulators Fail, because they were Old, & just didn't want to work very well when it got below freezing.

Post Likes
    What all runs of propane on this property thats shared with the tank?

Post Likes
    We have had similar problems like this for the last couple of years with Rego brand second stage regs. With no load, they creep up to 20 and higher, then when the equipment fires, they drop down below 5, and the equipment locks out. Im not saying this is what is going on here, but just putting it out there. We have changed many Rego regs over the last 18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They will soon forget how long it takes, but they will always remember the quality.

6. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123