Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Business Advice

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Have done commercial kitchen equipment for the past 40+ years. Yes, I'm a shop owner.

First rule. Fix it right or walk away

Second rule. Drop your bottom 10% of slow paying customers each year.

Third rule. Don't go crazy with the money, it goes really fast.

Last rule... Be honest with your taxes and hire a good CPA or Bookkeeper to handle the business so you can do what you love and not turn into your office manager.

Best of luck in all things!
    All of these are good rules... sometimes one has to grit their teeth and 'just follow the rules'... it always seems to turn out better if we do 'follow the rules' so to say.

I would stick one more rule in there: Be honest with your customers! The few who want to play games... sooner or later will fall into the category of rule #2.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    Gotchya. But how exactly do you drop a customer? I have a few that I’d like to never deal with again. Do you refer them to someone else? Do you tell them the truth? Do you just tell them your too busy and won’t be able to schedule them for a month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'YES'...

Grin...

IMO, one needs to remember a p*ssed off customer may well write you a bad review online...
    So be respectful and polite in the way you tell a customer you really cannot get to them for 2 weeks...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12