Post Likes

Water cooled internal condensers?

Has anyone used these? Do you think these will go anywhere? coolyoudirect.co.uk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Not sure... Looks like they took a spin on the water source heat pump and made it a split. It'll probably use more water than people would think.
    I know the standard is 2-3 gpm per ton (12k btu). Not sure what it would be with say a 55-60 degree entering water temp. I could definitely see issues with fouling the condenser over time with hard water and mineral deposits. Water treatment would help but I highly doubt anyone would go for it let alone maintain it correctly.
    It is a really neat idea. I would imagine it would fill a niche in the market, just not sure how big it would become though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    water treatment for a pump and dump is big $$$$$. even then, would you shut down the condenser when regeneration has to take place (2 hours)?
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at. If you live in a colder climate, it would probably have a lower flow with colder water, making fouling even worse.
    This would be restricted to city water applications. Forget it if your house or appt. is on well water... like me.

Edit: Sorry Marc, I thought I hit reply...
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

5. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Moved to AOP.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    And here is a company with the water on the inside and air source on the outside! I like this idea better than refrigerant lines to the wall mounts.

http://www.multiaqua.com/index.php/chillers/mac120he

A seat for every butt, right?