Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Sounds to me like we have a know it all here...

Do you have access to my computer screen?
    If not, how do you know what is happening on my screen...
    You do NOT.

So quit with the high and mighty know-it-all attitude.

You do realize... ever since you got that title, you have been copping an attitude.
    I really thought you were of higher quality than that...
    Guess I was mistaken.

Again, not much is gonna be accomplished arguing with a fencepost...

Bye...

Un-subscribe.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Sounds to me like we have a know it all here...

Do you have access to my computer screen?
    If not, how do you know what is happening on my screen...
    You do NOT.

So quit with the high and mighty know-it-all attitude.

You do realize... ever since you got that title, you have been copping an attitude.
    I really thought you were of higher quality than that...
    Guess I was mistaken.
    I dont have an attitude. I actually have less of one now that I have it, because I value the position, and having an attitude like I had in the past isnt conducive to keeping it.

Im trying to help you, but you get all bent over nothing.

That said, it doesnt matter what you have on your screen. Im telling you that I use an ad blocker, and a script blocker. I can make any site, including this one, not load, partially load or fully load, depending upon which sub-domains I whitelist. That goes for all the sites you mentioned. They have no block, GA. The have scripts that cry "pay me pay me for content" that you can block and bypass dependent upon your software settings.

Your problem, and it's pretty much all over the site, is that if you dont like what you're hearing you cry "libbie, polecat, fake news" or some other snide sniping commentary, then try to hide by bowing out. It's "old news".
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Update!!! adblocker is my friend. No more political ads.

It was deemed time to change ye old signature! So here it is:

The genius of the United States Constitution - when it frustrates the government, you know it is working. Truly, a timeless quote!

RIP Mr. Gizmo; end of watch 10/27/16. I will never forget this furball.

hvac_marc said "it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole."

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

4. Likes HVAC_Marc, DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I received a private message from a member here asking about how I accessed a "locked" page. Ad removal and script handling is easily done with NoScript.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

6. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    What are you talking about?

Please provide links or screen shots.

Thanks
    Be Gentle Dad, .... rcstl is getting up there in age, & it takes awhile for his mental juices to get warm.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Be Gentle Dad, .... rcstl is getting up there in age, & it takes awhile for his mental juices to get warm.
    DDB, what did I tell you about poking the bear?

To answer Dad: I installed an AdBlocker and it is blocking many obnoxious ads. Ads that apparently were eating my resources forcing almost daily restarts.

It was deemed time to change ye old signature! So here it is:

The genius of the United States Constitution - when it frustrates the government, you know it is working. Truly, a timeless quote!

RIP Mr. Gizmo; end of watch 10/27/16. I will never forget this furball.

hvac_marc said "it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole."

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

9. Likes HVAC_Marc, DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    if you're tech savvy and use firefox you can open a new tab and type about:memory

you'll get a screen where you can see how to test and minimize memory usage. it's tell you what exact part of the browser is using the most memory down the the specific page or tab. Once you see what's causing the problem you can then do a collection and reduction of used memory, which helps a LOT and you may not have to reboot as often.

other browsers may have something similar.

(the site looks nice and clean with no BS all over doesnt it?) You'll also be able to use it while everyone else is whining about virus warnings, CPU hogs, and crashes caused by the ads.

11. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    DDB, what did I tell you about poking the bear?

To answer Dad: I installed an AdBlocker and it is blocking many obnoxious ads. Ads that apparently were eating my resources forcing almost daily restarts.
    I "Live Dangerously" at times RC,... not only by "Poking Bears" & then running like Hale, .... But also by foolishly asking the wife, when she's having a Hot Flash, & her clothes are smoking, "Is everything Cool Honey?", & of course, then running like Hale.

Besides that, ... I can outrun bears on walkers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12