Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Political video screwing up the site.

I do not have the latest and greatest machine and a political video for macaskill is locking up my computer, 100% disc usage 90+ CPU when it is loading. Would you tell claire beach to go to hell and advertise somewhere else, please? I would be mad if it was a republican doing it, too.

You guessed it, I won't be voting for her this fall! 'specially after this resource robbing ad!

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

The genius of the United States Constitution - when it frustrates the government, you know it is working. Truly, a timeless quote!

RIP Mr. Gizmo; end of watch 10/27/16. I will never forget this furball.

hvac_marc said "it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole."

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    What are you talking about?

Please provide links or screen shots.

Thanks
    It's the cookies fault. One of the ad companies the site uses is pushing a political video ad. I will just have to put up with it until Nov 7th.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

The genius of the United States Constitution - when it frustrates the government, you know it is working. Truly, a timeless quote!

hvac_marc said "it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole."

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Has to be a Google thang... It isn't us at all
    I know. smh. 'til November.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Post Likes
    duck duck go

8. Likes ga-hvac-tech, DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    ad blockers are your friend...just dont expect help from the site when something is odd...
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Add blockers are always your friend...
    Lots of malware finds its way into ones box via adds...
    And as far as I am concerned; if a site will not allow me to read with my add blocker keeping their malware out...
    Then I will not visit that site anymore... PERIOD.

Security comes before their revenue...
    Unless they are gonna give me a written guarantee to fix my box if it gets a problem.

BTW: Forbes, Businessinsider, WSJ, and a few others we see in ARP... will not let one read their site with add blockers on... So I do not read their site... PERIOD!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    BTW: Forbes, Businessinsider, WSJ, and a few others we see in ARP... will not let one read their site with add blockers on... So I do not read their site... PERIOD!
    yes they do. i read all 3 of them today. you have to know what to filter and what not to. a site is not a single domain anymore.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

12. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Well... if they want me to read their fake news...
    They will get rid of the block...
    Or they can peddle their fake news to others.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    there is NO block GA... no block...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    there is NO block GA... no block...
    They block me from reading their site... unless I agree to white list their site...
    Which I am not gonna do... because of the potential for malware.

Sorry if you do not like the terminology I use... however being blocked is being blocked.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    They block me from reading their site... unless I agree to white list their site...
    Which I am not gonna do... because of the potential for malware.

Sorry if you do not like the terminology I use... however being blocked is being blocked.
    Baloney. You have to whitelist a very few select domains which comprise their site. Maybe your ad blocker isnt technical enough to separate the various sites and/or allow you to choose which to allow or block.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast