Post Likes

Cooper SH66A any good?

I found one for $100 in like new condition. Might try to talk them down to $75. Is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    very worth it. what does it come with? i have blue box with stick probe, strap probe, and humidity wand.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Cooper is great. Id say its worth it. I have the red box and I love it.

Post Likes
    Yeah, it's pretty much the gold standard. Much more accurate than the K-type probes that most other temperature "instruments" use.

The only thing is the stupid design they have for holding the 9v battery inside has always bugged me. That little battery cover likes to pop loose way too easily, and then your battery just flops around until one of the wires breaks off of the 9v battery connector deal. Also it'd be nice if the case was a little bigger or something to make it easier to stuff all of your probes back inside of it.

Oh well, can't have everything. I still highly recommend it because even with the above issues that bug me, this thing is way better than just about anything else out there.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

5. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    I have a blue box and a red box. Love them both, and very reliable. In 15 years I’ve broken 1, and it was because of the dumb battery design. The wires broke and somehow shorted out. Even after I took it apart and fixed the battery wires it wouldn’t turn back on.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    Ive also been looking at the Testo smart probes. I guess Ill have to decide which one Id rather have.

Post Likes
    I have the red box and it changed the way I look at sub cooling. Its been a game changer in general. Whatever that box says, is what the temperature actually is. Money well spent.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    I’ve also been looking at the Testo smart probes. I guess I’ll have to decide which one I’d rather have.

If you go Testo, let me know more about the Cooper.
    Maybe I could use you as a middleman to buy it for me and ship it.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    If you go Testo, let me know more about the Cooper.
    Maybe I could use you as a middleman to buy it for me and ship it.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...59684464404489

Post Likes
    I've had blue one for 12 yrs. used red company one for yrs before that. good units.

I've also sent mine off to be factory reconditioned, they also checked the probe accuracy and replaced one that was still in warranty period. hinge, clasp and handle had broke after years of use multiple times/day.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    I've had the black box since I bought it new in 1992. Still works great, had replaced a couple probes over the years.

Don't know if they still build them like that, but I'd say it was the best tool money I ever spent in this industry, except for maybe my Ridgid pipe wrenches.
    It Is What It Is

13. Likes GoCougs liked this post
    Post Likes
    Love my blue box