Thread: Navien Tankless

Post Likes

Navien Tankless

Out with a Bradford White 50 gallon powervent, in with a Navien 240A. I used 3/4 inch gas line and 1 inch pex. Yes, I reused some of the old PVC. My back was killing me today and another trip up and down the stairs was just too much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180307_161800.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	798551

Name:  20180307_161817.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  131.2 KB
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

2. Likes chrisevansac liked this post
    Post Likes
    Nice and neat! I’m sure they’re happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    I did the opposite. Would not work in a commercial application. Check out the beautiful soldering job.
    Sorry pic are flipped.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

6. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Well overall it's fine. It's technically a code violation to use PVC for the safety valve because it's not rated for hot water. IF you took a can of lacquer thinner that PVC would clean up really nice. BTW is that condensation drain going to a floor drain or just a hole drilled into the floor?

8. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I did the opposite. Would not work in a commercial application. Check out the beautiful soldering job.
    Sorry pic are flipped.
    Those dual valves are a nice touch. The Navien works fine in a commercial setting. In fact, there's specific dip switch settings that allow up to 185 degree water. Sizing is key, both the water side and the gas line. They often work well cascaded or with a tank application, too.

Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    Well overall it's fine. It's technically a code violation to use PVC for the safety valve because it's not rated for hot water. IF you took a can of lacquer thinner that PVC would clean up really nice. BTW is that condensation drain going to a floor drain or just a hole drilled into the floor?
    I know about the pvc thing. This one was pre-made and purchased. I swapped it from the old tank. It's a lot better than the pre-made really thin pvc tubes the supply houses have and im too cheap to use copper.

the condensate drain goes into a hole in the floor, then into the gravel. the furnace (behind me in the pics) does the same thing.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Those dual valves are a nice touch. The Navien works fine in a commercial setting. In fact, there's specific dip switch settings that allow up to 185 degree water. Sizing is key, both the water side and the gas line. They often work well cascaded or with a tank application, too.
    No way to overcome the pressure drop.

11. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post