Post Likes

Carrier i-Vu OPN-UCXP controller problem

I have a controller that I can no longer upload from. I get the following error.

"Failed to upload Controller XXX. Errors exist readin in file that is to be output to C:\foo\bar.equiptment failed.: " I Downloaded the program with Field Assistant.

I tried to factory reset the board. I also tried pulling the battery with the power off. The bad program is still there. The program runs but I need to put something else on the board.

Post Likes
    you will have to App load it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyr325 View Post
    you will have to App load it
    Thanks for the reply. Excuse my ignorance but I cannot see in Field Assistant or any of the manuals what "App load" is.

There is an application running on the board. I cannot upload the program from it because of the error. Nothing I do seems to delete the program. I do remember someone saying you can administer the boards using Putty, but it seems I am not allowed to download the program here. Excuse me if I screw up terms because i-Vu has the terms download and upload backward from what I have used my whole life,

Post Likes
    AppLoader is a separate program, that will clear the controller out. It will erase all programs from it, like it is a brand new controller out of box . It should have came with the disk with field assistant or can be downloaded from HVAC partners. You upload a controller to field assistance to see the controller and what is on it. You download if you are changing the program or adding something new to be put on the controller. Putty is used to change the Ip addresses in links and routers. BTW tera Term is easier IMO.

Post Likes
    Thank you. The program restored the Controller. The tech that brought me up to speed on i-Vu must not have known about AppLoader. I just fixed a board he said was broken. Thanks again.