Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lost thread

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Not locked...
    Does not particularly mean it was not shut down...

Lots of ways to end something...
    Without a direct order.

Sometimes; facts are useless without an understanding of what is written between the lines...
    As long as there were posts being made to it, it wasnt shut down. and, as of the crash, posts were being made to it.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Depends on your definition of shut down.

Are you gonna tell us it was still running at the rate of multiple pages of Trump news per day (50-75 posts a day)???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Depends on your definition of shut down.

Are you gonna tell us it was still running at the rate of multiple pages of Trump news per day (50-75 posts a day)???
    the last time I looked at it was a few days before the crash. multiple posts per day were being made. I dont have an exact count of posts per day.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    I followed the thread closely...

Cy, all of a sudden, quit posting the volume (by something like 75-80% down), over one day.

There was a comment somewheres... something like being asked by someone on the Htalk staff to tone it down.
    Since the thread is gone, I cannot go back and find the exact comment...
    However I remember Cy and I had a string of PM's about it...
    Bottom line: Cy thought he was being told to be quiet... because the thread was too controversial.
    I suggested he have a heart to heart with Dad via PM...
    A few days later... Cy was gone from the site... and did not answer any more of my PM's...

Stuff goes on... that is not apparent to all.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    I followed the thread closely...

Cy, all of a sudden, quit posting the volume (by something like 75-80% down), over one day.

There was a comment somewheres... something like being asked by someone on the Htalk staff to tone it down.
    Since the thread is gone, I cannot go back and find the exact comment...
    However I remember Cy and I had a string of PM's about it...
    Bottom line: Cy thought he was being told to be quiet... because the thread was too controversial.
    I suggested he have a heart to heart with Dad via PM...
    A few days later... Cy was gone from the site... and did not answer any more of my PM's...

Stuff goes on... that is not apparent to all.
    Cy was asked to participate more in other forums rather than just his one thread. He did so, which slowed his posting in the Trump thread.

Post Likes
    Posting in other threads... maybe, maybe not...

However that does not explain why he just vanished a few days after I suggested he have a (private) heart to heart with Dad.

It smells a lot like Cy was asked to back off.

However I would never expect anyone on any committee to ever say anything not supportive of the site...
    I would, OTOH, expect them to not blindly support the site (also called kissing up)... grin
    As in being honest before playing politics... which may be expressed by just not saying anything.

BTW: this is one of the reasons GA would never serve this site (again, I was on the original ARPC): If GA saw the site playing politics... GA would speak out... let the chips fall where they may. And I suspect that would not be acceptable... corp politics and all that BS.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Posting in other threads... maybe, maybe not...

However that does not explain why he just vanished a few days after I suggested he have a (private) heart to heart with Dad.

It smells a lot like Cy was asked to back off.

However I would never expect anyone on any committee to ever say anything not supportive of the site...
    That's what Cy himself said - he was asked to participate more in other threads.

Maybe his absence is coincidental. There's no conspiracy in everything, GA.

Im not sure what you mean by your committee commentary.

Post Likes
    In the South...
    We do not sell our souls for power...

As noted... I do not expect anyone who is in power to compromise their perks...
    Reminds me of polecats...

And with that...
    Gonna bow out of this conversation.

You can have the last word if it makes you feel better.

Bye.

Un-subscribe.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    well penton is owned by a british company, so there could be some truth to what "G" seems to be implying
    if corny was a part on a washing machine,,, he'd be the agitator

“Those who CAST the votes decide nothing; those who COUNT the votes decide everything.” – Stalin even evil men say things worth paying attention to

A Nation of Sheep - Breeds a Government of Wolves

Gangster Al Capone once remarked that anyone who can walk to the welfare office can walk to work.

Post Likes
    I’m just a southern redneck with no power or agenda. I personally got tiredof seeing the trump news right up at the top every time I logged on. It was more propaganda than news.

11. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    It was more propaganda than news.
    No joke some of the memes and things he was reposting were made by Russians.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    I’m just a southern redneck with no power or agenda. I personally got tiredof seeing the trump news right up at the top every time I logged on. It was more propaganda than news.
    I didnt mind it. He kept it only in that thread. What I did mind was that oftentimes the content wasnt even Trump related - Bush 1+2, Obama, Clinton, spare races, and the like. When I called him out on it he replied almost in a huff that somewhere it had a link to Trump

14. Likes Scoobie liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12