Post Likes

Better Business Bureau calling me and leaving me message to call them..

So i've heard they aren't worth joining, and im affraid to call them and they try to make me open an account.

I'm a new company and I have no bad experiences with customers, so I shouldn't have a complaint.

What should I do?

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    As I remember to join the BBB you have to be nominated by another person who is in the BBB. They are expensive as I remember. I have had several calls from them over the years. At least the ones I talked to where not a hard sale type. In today's world you get more from the internet over the BBB sticker you can put on the truck or logo in phone book, just does not bring in as much business like it used to

4. Likes Zamoramax liked this post
    Post Likes
    It's a pay to play business. And your pay brings you very little in return benefits. Just ignore them. Or if you get bent with the calls, be mean and tell them to never call again.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

6. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I wouldn't even waste my time calling them back and asking them to stop calling you. You might as well accept the fact that at least a couple times a week you're going to get calls from solicitors. Worse yet your going to get those annoying calls from people claiming to represent Google who promise to improve your listing in exchange for money (there are plenty of guys on this site who've been conned by those people). And occasionally you're going to get calls from con artists who claim you owe taxes and they're going to have you arrested unless you pay.

You must accept the fact that there is absolutely nothing you can ever do to prevent them from calling. So just do what I do. Don't say anything to them and hang up as soon as you realize what's going on.

8. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I many times just leave the phone "on" they can talk as long as they want. They are usually gone after 15 no more than 30 seconds

Post Likes
    Well thanks for the recommendations guys. I definitely get plenty of businesses trying to get me fo pay for advertizing

Post Likes
    I think the BBB might be effective if your business is residential. Home owners can go to panic mode when they have to make a decision like who to call.
    They used to have a group health insurance. Don't know how good. Some have made connections with business owners. If your business is commercial it might help.
    I've never been a member so all I have is an outside perception.
    I should have played the g'tar on the MTV. MK

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Pitbull, I went through the same, with BBB- Cinti., Ohio.

I Panicked, cuz' I thought that even tough I hadn't heard from a Customer about a Problem, that one had instead contacted BBB. SMH

Their Calls, got generated cuz' people called them, trying to get Info about My Business.

BBB, wanted me to give them Data about Myself & Business, to post on their Site.

They also offered, for a Fee, to place me in a Higher Tier, which would improve my Business.

I told them, that if anyone wanted Info, that they could contact me directly, & I also told them that I wasn't going to pay, to get better references, & that in itself cast Great Doubt upon their Service.

After a time, they'll leave you alone.

Post Likes
    I wish these callers only did land lines. When cell phones first came out this never happened. Now I get these type of call on my cell multiple times a day.

14. Likes pitbull14218 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Just let the calls go to voicemail. I do not answer most calls I do not recognize. If they want you, they will leave a voicemail. I will return voicemails quickly and just tell the caller, " I'm sorry but I have to screen my calls" Most consumers will agree with you. If no voicemail is left, then it was not an important call.
    Doug

16. Likes HVAC_Marc, pitbull14218, stat liked this post