Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    I can only think of a couple more things to check.

Make sure your Jace is also on UDP 47808.

Make sure the Jace is set to broadcast "Whois". No request for new devices to reply could explain why you can enter them manually but not auto discover. Wireshark on the switch would tell you who is talking pretty quick.
    Where would that be under?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    What's the bacnet device ID of your jace? Should be a valid number and not -1.

Do the KMC stats have a place for a network number? You appear to be using 2400 for some reason, stick that in.

I don't recall having trouble discovering same manufacturer stats on MS/TP.
    My device ID of the jace is 999. The KMC stats don't have the network number to fill out. We've done the MSTP and have had no issue it's just the IP is finiky.

Post Likes
    Have you tried third party discovery tools? I always reach for bacnet quick test for a second opinion, but there are a bunch out there for IP discovery.
    Scott Jalbert
    WebCTRL ninja
    AX and Smartstruxure newb

The S in IoT stands for Security

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Have you tried third party discovery tools? I always reach for bacnet quick test for a second opinion, but there are a bunch out there for IP discovery.
    Yes I have i used CAS BACnet Explorer found my AX Jace as well as the KMC device but it didn't discover the N4 Jace. I believe it may actually be on tridium side now. I went ahead and did a discover on my AX jace and found the KMC Flexstat.

I also setup the KMC Flexstat as a foreign device and found it on my N4 Jace.

Will let you know what I find out from Tridium.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Likes MaxBurn liked this post
    Post Likes
    Hi All. I have a similar problem with EIBnetwork. Can add IP interface manually but cannot Discover the interface units. Points are online with ETS exported file loaded. Points also show online through manual load, but no "action" on the Somfy Blind Controller. the Error I get is java.lang.NullPointException.
    Any Suggestions?

Post Likes
    Hi All. I have a similar problem with EIBnetwork. Can add IP interface manually but cannot Discover the interface units. Points are online with ETS exported file loaded. Points also show online through manual load, but no "action" on the Somfy Blind Controller. the Error I get is java.lang.NullPointException.
    Any Suggestions?

Post Likes
    Check your netmask, broadcast might not work with different netmask.

Post Likes
    Try changing your IP Device Type from
    Standard to IP.

Make sure the devices you're trying to discover are on network 2400.

What are the other two networks in the router table? If they're legacy from another job, right click the router table, then purge table. That deletes any unused routers & rediscovers(?) the ones that actually exist.
    That's quite a common thing we've found in EC-net, and it has a couple of effects in a bcpBACnet network - it can prevent debug data being shown in gfx, and where we've had multiple routers they got stuck with the same instance at one stage, which caused all sorts of issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12