Post Likes

Worthington FCH series chillers

Hi All,

Was on site today checking out an existing chiller system. It consists of two Worthington water cooled chillers. Chiller one is a model FCH-500-167-313-2P and chiller two is an FCH-400-147-312-2P. I've been trying to dig up some information on the rated output but seems like these are of the 60's vintage and I can't find any literature online. Was hoping someone (cough cough Richard) could give me some info.

For the curious folks - chiller one is dead and chiller two is running but with a newer Carrier compressor. They also have two 1960 Mills boilers with original burners that still run.

Thanks

Post Likes
    First of all how is it that you join 8 years ago and this is your first post? Going to be hard to run down that info, I would look at the size of the pumps and determine approx tonnage from that, I am assuming these are recips based on the fact someone put a Carrier compressor on one of them (what size is it?), really be something to see a 19XR sitting on top of some old Worthington shells.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

3. Dislikes 19c357 disliked this post
    Post Likes
    I honestly don't have a good answer for that. I view a lot but just never posted before. I got the pump data but I usually walk into a room assuming everything is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mecheng2007 View Post
    I honestly don't have a good answer for that. I view a lot but just never posted before. I got the pump data but I usually walk into a room assuming everything is wrong.
    Just giving you some sh*t, I mean I've heard of lurking but man you take that to another level

As old as those things are I would think the standard 2.4 gpm per ton would be really close for the chilled water side of life.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mecheng2007 View Post
    Hi All,

Was on site today checking out an existing chiller system. It consists of two Worthington water cooled chillers. Chiller one is a model FCH-500-167-313-2P and chiller two is an FCH-400-147-312-2P. I've been trying to dig up some information on the rated output but seems like these are of the 60's vintage and I can't find any literature online. Was hoping someone (cough cough Richard) could give me some info.

For the curious folks - chiller one is dead and chiller two is running but with a newer Carrier compressor. They also have two 1960 Mills boilers with original burners that still run.

Thanks
    What model compressors are they?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by remanworld View Post
    What model compressors are they?
    New one is a Carrier 06ET-299-360 hecho en Mexico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Wow, I haven't seen a Worthington chiller in 25 years.
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290