Post Likes

Looking for a tool to simulate 95 degree OAT on condensing unit

Hi, I'm looking to put additional effort into testing delivered BTU's in the summer time. However, I often test the equipment in the morning before I reach the ideal 90 degree plus high OAT. I know there are some tools- restrictors & jackets- that can be used for simulating that high OAT. Can anyone recommend some tools that they have experience with?

Post Likes
    Fieldpiece and probably others make windsocks and stuff like that. I predict a series of posts after this advising you to use cardboard, which will also work.

Post Likes
    I used a night light for that type of stuff.

Post Likes
    They make special tents and stuff, but if I want to simulate high temperature load on a condenser, I use a garbage bag and block off as much coil as I need to in order to get the liquid line temp to 105 or 110, or whatever your target is.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Wrap it with a tarp.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Technically a condenser needs full air flow to get an accurate simulation. Blocking part of the air makes your condenser smaller, which works for the most part.

Fieldpiece and others make special tents. The cheapest, most effective solution I've found is a ground blind from your favorite outdoor store.

Post Likes
    The box the condensor came in works great.. or scrap plywwod/cardboard.. I measure the liquid line at 100 degrees.
    then determine if the charge is correct along with the pressures of course..

Post Likes
    Head pressure control switch for low ambient temperatures

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeobeans View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to put additional effort into testing delivered BTU's in the summer time. However, I often test the equipment in the morning before I reach the ideal 90 degree plus high OAT. I know there are some tools- restrictors & jackets- that can be used for simulating that high OAT. Can anyone recommend some tools that they have experience with?
    P66, the older one, I have it ready to go with a seal right on the cap tube and a 10 va on top.
    I have had to use as intended, temporarily but I make sure I get it back as a tool.
    Jermichael Decorean Finley,
    I was squazzed... NPR interview.