Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ReferTroop View Post
    Small batch ? looks like 5000 460's and 3000 340/360's or am I mistaken..? Also if I do a google search on "SMAN460 recall" I get no notice from the manufacturer. Is this all true or do I need to call FieldPiece ?
    I work with Fieldpiece. We already have the majority back that went out. Just double check that you serial number falls into this range. If it does, contact us at 714 634 1844 and we'll take care of you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    On a separate note, is there a retrofit hook available? Mine is broken off and another guys at work is as well?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Give us a call at 714 634 1844. We will help you out!

Post Likes
    Russell,

Just to get some clarification my serial number starts off B1701-----ajal, would that fall in that range? I bought mines yesterday and tried to calibrate ice water t-couple/pipe clamps and it was off. Called tech and explained and during the refrigeration circuit sat calibration they had me adjust the temp on my bulb t-couple but it just seemed off and told them I would call on Monday kept getting error during the calibration.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ashtree View Post
    Russell,

Just to get some clarification my serial number starts off B1701-----ajal, would that fall in that range? I bought mines yesterday and tried to calibrate ice water t-couple/pipe clamps and it was off. Called tech and explained and during the refrigeration circuit sat calibration they had me adjust the temp on my bulb t-couple but it just seemed off and told them I would call on Monday kept getting error during the calibration.
    The error you were seeing was likely for calibrating pressure. You should not need to calibrate the pressure. That cal procedure is tricky as the thermocouple bead tip needs to be precisely placed on the bottle of refrigerant and the environment needs to be very stable inlcuding no breeze. See advanced pressure calibration in the SMAN manual located here http://www.fieldpiece.com/support/user-manuals/en

But for your first question, yes that is in the range and you will get inaccurate temps when grounded. Call us 714 634 1844 and we can ship one out to you so you are not without a manifold. In the mean time just wrap some electrical tape around the hook and make sure the metal manifold does not touch something that is not insulated when you are measuring temp.

Post Likes
    Thanks Russell,

Appreciate the info, went to Johnstones to exchange them, They were unfortunately out. 2-4 days away but needed them for a job. I have 2 HS36's, 2 PRH2, Many accessory heads, Sta 2, and a SCM4. Your products rock. Was in a pinch and just picked up the Testo 557 just to get by, once I get my bonus in August going to pick up the 460's again. Would of waited for the other set but the other store couldn't verify what the serial would be and didn't want to get another in the batch of serials. Will be rocking the fieldpiece soon. Have a cool one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ashtree View Post
    Thanks Russell,

Appreciate the info, went to Johnstones to exchange them, They were unfortunately out. 2-4 days away but needed them for a job. I have 2 HS36's, 2 PRH2, Many accessory heads, Sta 2, and a SCM4. Your products rock. Was in a pinch and just picked up the Testo 557 just to get by, once I get my bonus in August going to pick up the 460's again. Would of waited for the other set but the other store couldn't verify what the serial would be and didn't want to get another in the batch of serials. Will be rocking the fieldpiece soon. Have a cool one.
    Thank you!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12