Post Likes

refrigerant hose seals for use with POE oils.

We all know the old rubber seals don't hold up to POE. So, why do all of the mfg's continue to sell the same old seals?
    Isn't there a better hose seal that will last?
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Visit us at Dr. Degree°s HVAC
    or like us on Facebook

Post Likes
    I've replaced my rubber hose seals with pfte seals when they came around for replacement. I don't know about others but r410 systems chew out my rubber seals prematurely.

Post Likes
    Ok, so I just talked to Ritchie "Yellow Jacket", and they state that the standard rubber gaskets are designed to resist HFC and POE deterioration.
    When I asked why the "Sealright" model hoses are the only hoses to have the advertisement "Gaskets resist deterioration from existing CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants and oils", they stated they're not sure, and the material is the same. Yet, none of the other hoses use this advertising verbiage.

I explained that I understand mechanical wear on the gaskets is understandable, but it's completely obvious that the standard part# 19020 gaskets don't hold up to POE like they do to MO.

What's the deal YELLOW JACKET???
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Visit us at Dr. Degree°s HVAC
    or like us on Facebook

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    Ok, so I just talked to Ritchie "Yellow Jacket", and they state that the standard rubber gaskets are designed to resist HFC and POE deterioration.
    When I asked why the "Sealright" model hoses are the only hoses to have the advertisement "Gaskets resist deterioration from existing CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants and oils", they stated they're not sure, and the material is the same. Yet, none of the other hoses use this advertising verbiage.

I explained that I understand mechanical wear on the gaskets is understandable, but it's completely obvious that the standard part# 19020 gaskets don't hold up to POE like they do to MO.

What's the deal YELLOW JACKET???
    The seal right gasket comment is even more strange, in that Yellow Jacket states that the seal right fittings are not certified or recommended for R410A due to the high pressure.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!