Heat n Glo glass replacement

Need to verify the model and serial numbers for a Heat n Glo natrual gas insert. The model # is SL-INSERT and Serial # SLINN, are these correct? I'm looking for a part # for a new glass for this unit.

That might be the start of the serial, the useless part. I doubt you will need it though for glass. I have never heard of that unit though. Any Heat & Glo dealer (like the one you plan on buying it from) can find the part # for you.

It's an older unit and those were the only numbers(letters) on the rating plate. The glass is held in place with screws.

Quote Originally Posted by blk View Post
    Need to verify the model and serial numbers for a Heat n Glo natrual gas insert. The model # is SL-INSERT and Serial # SLINN, are these correct? I'm looking for a part # for a new glass for this unit.
    there should be a stamped # following the SLINN, it may be difficult to read, but for glass you may get by with a general age of unit. I have not seen that model of insert so not sure if there was more than 1 glass design to it.(the 6000 series fireplace has at least 3 different glass variations)
    You can't fix stupid

I'll have to contact the customer tomorrow to see if there are any digits attached to the model or serial number. I believe the unit to be around 15 years old....just a guess.

Also Heat & Glo has a glass matrix for dealers with glass sizes and other info. If you cannot get the full serial # then the glass dimensions will allow you to pinpoint the correct one if there are multiple versions for that unit.

Update: Unit was manufactured in 1996, model#sl-insert, serial# slinnn 4324, glass door assembly part #424-600A. I have contacted the local Heat & Glo dealer and given them the info..waiting to hear back on availability and cost. Thanks to all that replied.

Not having much luck with the one and only Heat n Glo dealer in my area on purchasing a replacement glass(I won't get into the specifics of why) for this unit.Can I order directly from Heat n Glo or do I have to be a dealer?

You must go through a dealer. Heat & Glo does not sell direct. You can go onto their web site and they have a dealer locator that you can put in a mileage requirement and get every dealer with say 100 miles.

Make sure you check the box SHOW ME ALL DEALERS.