Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Boiler Guy View Post
    From what I understood not anyone could buy this, you have to be authorized or something like that. Is that the case?

Would something like THIS work?
    I don't think you have to be an Johnson ABCS or ASI contractor to buy PCT and Bluetooth adapter from your local supplier.

If you don't have any type of formal Johnson controls training, whether on the job or classroom training, you may have a hard time using the software. A little different from using HVACPRO.
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacpilot View Post
    I don't think you have to be an Johnson ABCS or ASI contractor to buy PCT and Bluetooth adapter from your local supplier.

If you don't have any type of formal Johnson controls training, whether on the job or classroom training, you may have a hard time using the software. A little different from using HVACPRO.
    That's what I was thinking. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to figure out how to use it if I got it. I'm a computer savvy guy with some programming education in the past but I've never done anything like this. The reason I was curious was because someone had installed these JCI controls to control the HVAC system for a nursing home that we service. Customer thought the cooling tower fan wasn't operating properly but it was because someone programmed the fan to turn on at 80.1 degrees condenser water temp and off at 80.0 degrees.... At least that's what it was doing when I was watching the display.

Post Likes
    That's what I was thinking. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to figure out how to use it if I got it. I'm a computer savvy guy with some programming education in the past but I've never done anything like this. The reason I was curious was because someone had installed these JCI controls to control the HVAC system for a nursing home that we service. Customer thought the cooling tower fan wasn't operating properly but it was because someone programmed the fan to turn on at 80.1 degrees condenser water temp and off at 80.0 degrees.... At least that's what it was doing when I was watching the display.
    If you have an account, like the nursing home, it may be well worth getting the software and hardware and learning it. A lot of learning we do is on the job, formal classroom training and a lot of reading. Johnson Controls cg website has a lot of good/ useful documents that you may be able to teach your self the basics if you are somewhat computer savvy.

With that said, if you do buy the software and hardware needed( bluetooth device) maybe i can help you get started as far as uploading and downloading the caf. file.

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com

you will need the FX-PCT programming software which is currently at 10.2 and the FX-BTCVT bluetooth device.

My email is in my profile if you have any other questions.
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    If you have an account, like the nursing home, it may be well worth getting the software and hardware and learning it. A lot of learning we do is on the job, formal classroom training and a lot of reading. Johnson Controls cg website has a lot of good/ useful documents that you may be able to teach your self the basics if you are somewhat computer savvy.

With that said, if you do buy the software and hardware needed( bluetooth device) maybe i can help you get started as far as uploading and downloading the caf. file.

you will need the FX-PCT programming software which is currently at 10.2 and the FX-BTCVT bluetooth device.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacpilot View Post

Thank you a ton for your advice. This is something I am definitely considering. I am planning on talking to my employer to see if this is something they'd be interested in having me learn. I'd really like to learn it. Just about everyone one of these nursing homes has this same set up. There's about 60 of them, although I'm unsure of how many have the JCI controls but almost every one I have been to has.

I'll definitely email you if I have more questions, I appreciate it!

Post Likes
    Would someone with access to the latest version of PCT mind sending me a quote to purchase a copy?

We were a JCI ABCS dealer years ago and we still have some customers using the FX-PCG/V hardware. I just can't get any of the distributors around here to work (reasonably) with me on the JCI products...

My email is in my profile. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeckham View Post
    Would someone with access to the latest version of PCT mind sending me a quote to purchase a copy?

We were a JCI ABCS dealer years ago and we still have some customers using the FX-PCG/V hardware. I just can't get any of the distributors around here to work (reasonably) with me on the JCI products...

My email is in my profile. Thanks.
    Try this company:

JOHNSON CONTROLS FX-PCT-0 - PROGRAMMING AND COMMISSIONING TOOL SOFTWARE, DELIVERED ON DVD. FOR NEW

http://www.energyequipment.com/searc...arch_query=pct

JOHNSON CONTROLS FX-BTCVT-1 - BLUETOOTH COMMISSIONING CONVERTER

http://www.energyequipment.com/searc...ch_query=btcvt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12