Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 24X7ProjMgr View Post
    Oh yeah; Marc - I disagree with you about the ratio of refrigerant weight to horsepower for the Enviroguard design. "In its class of design" I think that it is one of the most efficient designs for refrigerant use and loss risk-management.
    Agreed, floating head pressure coupled with non unloading compressor staging is, by laws of physics too much to try beat.

The ratio's I was talking about though are those on the Pressure Temperature Curve for the refrigerant. At higher pressures a small temperature change amounts to a large pressure change. At lower pressures there is the reverse - a small pressure change amounts to a large temperature change. This also why there are increasingly diminished returns the lower the head pressure you try achieve when trying to save energy.

I think you misread me?

Quote Originally Posted by 24X7ProjMgr View Post
    Jaybee
    Get the rack numbers and call Tyler Service and order a service and operation manual for the rack. It pays off to get the right manual and stop the brainwashing.
    If I recall correctly; the Sporlan OLDR is the DDR (defrost differential valve)
    Are you sure that you're not working on an Equalizer Rack instead of an Enviroguard?
    The Enviroguard loses a lost of points when gas defrost is opted...

Oh yeah; Marc - I disagree with you about the ratio of refrigerant weight to horsepower for the Enviroguard design. "In its class of design" I think that it is one of the most efficient designs for refrigerant use and loss risk-management.
    Yes.it is an eualizer rack and the differentail valve is located in the line to the receiver and this is no gas defrost in the store all electric. The oldr no valve that is energized to diffrentiate. I was speaking with tyler an the engineer was to return call he stated he needed to look up info

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    Yes.it is an eualizer rack and the differentail valve is located in the line to the receiver and this is no gas defrost in the store all electric. The oldr no valve that is energized to diffrentiate. I was speaking with tyler an the engineer was to return call he stated he needed to look up info
    Great

I was a svc mgr for years and still have the truck in my blood.

Even in the truck; I kept all the numbers to manufacturers, the names of the "A-Team" contacts at each of them. Always be aware that the large manufacturers have some pretty weak "customer service" front-end people in comparison to service managers and engineers. I actually used to call and pose as somebody else to get through to the engineers at a few of them. Once the engineer understood that I was already way past the competence level of their front-end people; they usually kick into gear and start taking interest themselves in being part of the solution.

I always had as many manuals and references on the truck as I did tools to work with. Now the laptop computer can house what a semi-trailer would hold in paper. I know a company in the Mid-Atlantic region that stuffs a load of manuals into their laptops just to make sure that a mechanic has the information that is needed "when they need it".

Good luck getting the racks to their optimum performance and condition...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc O'Brien View Post
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Dowa :-)

I understood it was two guys? Were they techs on the tools or maybe design engineers?
    It was two guys. The initial theory was developed by a technician. He then worked with a design guy as I understood it. I am gonna try to get him to come on here. I don't know him all that well, but I now work with a guy who worked directly under him for many years. I'll see if I can't get him to come on here and talk about it. I am sure he'd be flattered. He is like that, Very humble as I am to understand. I also know he did not make that much off it. He made some coin but not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    I have 5 racks with this type of system . I am not sure how to figure out what version of enviroguard it is and nor do i fully understand the concept tyler is implimenting.Here goes , drop leg comes down condensor tees off to an oldr going to the receiver and a solinoid in the liquid line going out to the cases. I see no subcooler in the systems. Also , there is a pressure regulator at the receiver, No hold back valve present( thinking the oldr is acting as a hold back valve). The oldr and the solinoid is being controlled by a t-stat that is on the drop leg of the condenser.Found some lit on this ,but is not sure if i fully understand.If anyone could brake this down to me it will be grately appriciated.
    YOU have natures cooling brother man. Holy crap, I didn't read your whole post, I seen enviroguard and got all spastic cause I know the dude who invented it. Tyler had to get back to you on this, I am afraid to talk with that engineer if he had no idea what you were asking. Natures cooling was their big contribution in this big world.

It's not an OLDR. It's a N.O. solenoid pilot operated valve. When the stat senses drop leg temp, below a certain drop leg temp, the liquid line solenoid energizes OPEN, at the same time energizing the N.O. valve to receiver, closing it. In this way, we put the receiver into a manipulated surge, instead of flow through configuration.

The Receiver Pressure regulator is there, bullheaded of discharge to maintain minimum receiver pressure.

Now all the manufacturers are copying that.

You do not have an enviroguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    YOU have natures cooling brother man. Holy crap, I didn't read your whole post, I seen enviroguard and got all spastic cause I know the dude who invented it. Tyler had to get back to you on this, I am afraid to talk with that engineer if he had no idea what you were asking. Natures cooling was their big contribution in this big world.

It's not an OLDR. It's a N.O. solenoid pilot operated valve. When the stat senses drop leg temp, below a certain drop leg temp, the liquid line solenoid energizes OPEN, at the same time energizing the N.O. valve to receiver, closing it. In this way, we put the receiver into a manipulated surge, instead of flow through configuration.

The Receiver Pressure regulator is there, bullheaded of discharge to maintain minimum receiver pressure.

Now all the manufacturers are copying that.

You do not have an enviroguard.
    on the valve thereis a tag the says OLDR pressure regulating valve and i just happen to find a manual that talks of envirogaurd with same components . I willl check to see if the manualspeaks on nature cooling

now you got me confused. But were here to learn. Me too. Track this down. Then we can all benefit. Take some pics.

Your stat and liquid line solenoid is for sure natures cooling. If the OLDR to the receiver is an older, then it must reduce receiver pressure during natures cooling. but that doesn't make sense right off the cuff and I have not seen it like that.

Thumbs up

Hey Marc,

Awesome to have such an intelligent guy on board. Really. I think your contributions here are going to be hugely appreciated.

My company employed the guy who developed the enviroguard system. I still service the store where it was all drempt up.
    This is truly a thread to book mark

The OLDR valve is the Liquid Line Pressure Differential Regulating Valve (N.O. = Fails Open & is Open when the coil is de-energized) It is to keep the liquid header flowing to the refrigerating case circuits with the liquid returning from the defrosting case circuit. To set it right; you have to factor in the elevation if your rack is in a roof house...

See Sporlan Bulletin F90-60-2 August 1989

he doesn't have gas defrost he said.

Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
    This is truly a thread to book mark
    what's that suppose to mean. I aint bsing you. I swear. I am dead serious.

what's that suppose to mean. I aint bsing you. I swear. I am dead serious.
    i didn't mean anything by it...i learn from what you have to say. merely the conversation that took place had alot to read...did i piss you off or something cause i cant buy you a beer from here pshhh

I was just wondering if you thought I was full of it. I swear I am not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast