HVAC Pay in the news: No surprise to us!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HVAC Pay in the news: No surprise to us!

eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

They're on the low end of salary in my opinion.

Probably an average of all levels, 1st year and 30 year, Florida and New york. Still think were underpaid for what we do versus teachers accountants, etc people with professional degrees. should have worked harder in school.
    eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

Wow!!!!
    Who is making that much?

High Rollers
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    Wow!!!!
    Who is making that much?

High Rollers
    I second that. Big Ballas.

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    They're on the low end of salary in my opinion.
    thats right!

when the article talks about "cost of parts, transportation, and overhead" it seems they are lumping in the shop owners in their goofball article.

in this town, three shops have closed in the last year, so apparently some of the owners aren't doing so hot. well, actually, at one place they closed owing to the death of the owner, so all his hands joined those already in the game of musical chairs after RNC shut down.

have been looking for a job for a while. get the refrain, "we are slow" all over the place. usually a quick glance around makes a feller think they are telling the truth. (so I guess by the end of this week I will have an app on file everywhere in town. after that, I guess you progressively expand the search radius. or apprentice in a life of crime, become a mountain man, Somali pirate, welfare bum, beach bum, ski bum, or who knows?)

I have seen senior techs I know painting the shop office, sweeping the floors, and washing the vans. they told me one place I had just missed seeing the parking lot being pressure-washed. (boy, it looked nice) so I can appreciate the owners' dilemma.

I notice the parking lots at the parts houses are usually empty. one place laid off everyone but two and they are working 6 hours a day. at least they only have to drive in four days a week now, so at least that was considerate of management letting them get their hours that way, save some fuel.

Hey Foresters make 14K more- mom and dad were right,I should have been a logger.Could have been on tv too....
    GO DAWGS!

Here in florida that number seems about right (a little low).

It seems like a generic number to me. Does it include all the overtime we put in, or does that number include benefits. I would also like them to deduct the cost of tools out of that number too.

That number around here seems on the high end, but achievable. To make that around here you have to be very very good and in with the right company. The 2nd one is more important than the 1st.

Course... there are a few over paid SOB's like myself that beat that number... but are still broke lol
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Are side jobs included in that number? little low for good mechanic with strong electrical backround.

Up here a good rate is t $30/hr. 60-70k is not out of reach.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast