Post Likes

Trane AC Service Facts

Can anyone answer this question. Why Trane stop putting the "service facts" sheet in their condensing units? I have installed about 6 of the XR16 units in the last few months and none have had this info. The charging information in the install manual says to refer to the service facts but their are none. The facts sheet contained the required additional refrigerant if over 15' as well as the subcooling value. The only subcooling value I can find is on the name plate which also says +/- 3. The unit model # is 4TTR6036J1000A. I found the 6036A or B but not the current J model. Thanks

Post Likes
    That information is in the Instillation Manual.

Post Likes
    The install manual references the service facts but does not include them. When calculating the charge is says to use the nameplate or service facts. The nameplate gives you a range. The service facts use to be very specific. Just asking.

Post Likes
    I think they stopped putting them in the unit because they could not find a envelope that would hold up. All the units I have put in the last several years have them included with the install manual, separate document but same packet.

5. Likes samgevas liked this post
    Post Likes

7. Likes c.sherman liked this post
    Post Likes
    following

Post Likes
    It does not include the Trane Service Facts

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I think they stopped putting them in the unit because they could not find a envelope that would hold up. All the units I have put in the last several years have them included with the install manual, separate document but same packet.
    Oh, if I had a dollar for every time I pulled the panel off, and had the service sheet come dumping out. Then, I'm all like, "now where am I supposed to put this?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes beenthere liked this post
    Post Likes
    Don't you know you're supposed to drop them in the bottom of the condenser so they get wet and ruined...if the mice haven't chewed them up already?

Post Likes
    They are usually inside if that plastic slot on the panel. Have you tried searching the manual online if you cant find it i always call trane and have them email me a pdf.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The Service Facts sheet is one thing that has always set Trane above the competition. It is online, but it is more useful at the jobsite. They even included a piping diagram. Who else does that?