Post Likes

Roof Jack for Exhaust Fan Vent Termination

Greetings,

I was wondering if I can use roof jack to terminate a bath room exhaust fan vent. The roof jack comes with an insect screen.

Thanks,

Post Likes
    Yes, provided that the jack is not used for anything else.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    I have read the exhaust fan termination shall prevent the outside air flow. Does this apply to my case?

Post Likes
    Ideally it means that it would prevent wind from blowing back into the fan connection piping, like with louvers or some other type of damper. As exhaust fans have a built in damper it kind of negates that whole argument. Air wont move into the pipe, because it has no where to go.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN20 View Post
    Greetings,

I was wondering if I can use roof jack to terminate a bath room exhaust fan vent. The roof jack comes with an insect screen.

Thanks,
    I'd worry more about rain getting in.