Thread: Aneometer

Lexington, NC
    Post Likes

- I have a chance to buy a rarely used Extech Thermo-Aneometer 451112 for a good price. I am wondering if this is a good tool to have and if this particular tool is of good quality.

I am also wondering if the new yellow mini Extech aneometers are as good as the 451112 or even better?

Post Likes
    i personnaly don't like anemomters.

i would rather have a hood, but the cost is outa this world lol well outa my reach!!

i posted an extech thread a lil while back and got mixed answers from both sides of the fence.

told that the older meter s weren't that good.

extech owned by flir now, and newer meters are supposedly better.

i dunno, i'm still up in the air about extech. but if it's a good deal, and you know how to use an anemometer, go for it
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Upstate, SC
    Post Likes
    If the price is good enough, I might try it out. A couple of my techs have purchased Extech stuff and have been satisfied for the price. Even with a hood, there are still times when you have to have a anemometer to traverse grilles and such that you can't get to with the hood.

Post Likes
    I would be afraid to buy a use Extech I owned some
    Extech and it does NOT take Wacke well.

If you know the history maybe if it is dirt cheap then give it a try.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    Take a look at the Testo 410-1 (velocity only) or the 410-2 velocity temperature and RH, WB/DB or the 417 and 416.

Anemometers have several advantages over other methods of measuring airflow including making a non density dependant measurement of airflow. They are handy also for proportional balancing of a system.