Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
    I need to get some more of the yj 1/4 turn ball valve schrader core removal tools.
    I have 2 YJ and the 2 C&D Puller
    I 've got 6 of the 1/4 and their OK but not great under a deep vacume.

I wont Buy the YJ again, they don't seem to be as good a the C&D.
    If you help others then you are a Success

I use them and sometimes I wonder just how "tight" they actually are. I was impressed on just how sensitive the micron gauge really is. A power cap leaking over one hundred feet away shows up quickly. Since it's not sensing pressure it really amazes me.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    I use them and sometimes I wonder just how "tight" they actually are. I was impressed on just how sensitive the micron gauge really is. A power cap leaking over one hundred feet away shows up quickly. Since it's not sensing pressure it really amazes me.
    wow after hearing that, i think i really need to upgrade. all i got is a cps vg100. i guess it does the job but, to be able to see it like that... makes me wanna go get a new one tomorrow

Thats great I'm getting one. I smashed my piece of crap supco VG that I have only owned for 6 months into a hundred little pieces today. I went to use it and all it would show was 0, new battery, 0. Supco makes crap as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    can u guys post pics of your non manifold vacuum set up...i have re read it and just cant put it together in my head.
    here is something I Bend posted a while back.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ghlight=vacuum

not the exact process that i do, nor the hoses i use. looks as though he is using 1/4 hoses. i use 3/8's in hoses that have the 3/8's connection on one side to connect to the vacuum tree and a 1/4" on the end with a 45° angle and these are the black vacuum hoses that yellow jakcet makes for this application.

yellow jacket part # 93866 is a complete kit, two 4ft hoses, the 2 valve vacuum tree, and two quarter trun ball valves kit can be found in the 200-250 price range

and part # 93876 adds the vacuum gauge that we are talking about to the above i dunno how much that kit is
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

most vacuum gauges don't sense pressure. is that what your saying is not sensing pressure

the all use a thermistor

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

here is another pic that was posted a long time ago

the pix that is posted need one more part...a shut off right before the micron gage. This would eliminate the chance of having a pressur3e hit the micron gage while charging. This is the set up I use. Iplace a charge into the tree by using the tree shut offs. When I get a positive pressure in the system, I switch to a ste of gages and complete the charge.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    most vacuum gauges don't sense pressure. is that what your saying is not sensing pressure

the all use a thermistor
    Its absolute pressure i believe, but you can see that you have a problem.

That pic in your last post is the same gauge I have
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    the pix that is posted need one more part...a shut off right before the micron gage. This would eliminate the chance of having a pressur3e hit the micron gage while charging. This is the set up I use. Iplace a charge into the tree by using the tree shut offs. When I get a positive pressure in the system, I switch to a ste of gages and complete the charge.
    Can you get a picture ?
    If you help others then you are a Success

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    just take it off before you charge...

none of those pics are mine. they are from others on this site. his vauum gauge is still in the system if he closes the ball valves, so then he could see a rise in microns

since i do alot of heat pump work, i put my micron gauge on a common suction port. it is best to get the vacuum gauge as far from the pump as you can. but text book doesn't always work in the field

and when i am done with a vacuum, i close the ball valves, remove the black hoses, connect my gauges and open everything up and add the charge.

since i use Y/J low loss fittings and leave refrigerant in my gauges all the time, i know they are dry and ready to go

or you can remove the vacuum hoses, and put on a set of regular hoses and purge each hose before opening the ball valve

Its absolute pressure i believe, but you can see that you have a problem.

That pic in your last post is the same gauge I have
    you got the owners manual which one is it lol

lemme look in the y/j book

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast