+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Micron Guage

Post Likes

New Micron Guage

A few weeks ago I purchased a new micron gauge since my Supco VG quite working right. This time I picked up a YJ 69075 and it's taught me that I really never owned a good micron gauge before now. From 760,000 to 1 scale and it's quite impressive. I have even seen how moisture is pulled through your rubber hoses but it sure does. Trying to pull down a split system with a 2" suction and 5/8 liquid line of about 140 feet. After 4 or 5 hours I'm still rising back up to 15,000 microns from a low of maybe 4000. Finally flared some 1/4 tubing and used it in place of my regular manifold and brought it all down to 455. So far I've been able to dry out 3 of these 15ton systems with one more to go. 2 pumps running together with just the 1/4 tubing on each pump, one on the high and one on the low side.

Anyone looking to purchase a good micron gauge should take a serious look at this one. Not overly expensive either.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    that is one nice gauge. i want to get that one.

i have the model just below that one, the 69086, and it works great for me.

i don't use a manifold when pulling a vacuum either
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    All this time I thought I was doing everything the right way but now I realize just what is involved with removing moisture. Them pesky molecules just don't wanna come out of there.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Post Likes
    Using these hoses solves that problem.

Post Likes
    I used to own some of those Black Beauties years ago, they are pretty stout indeed. I find the solid copper works great and until the system is down I don't need the manifold, just the micron gauge.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeferman View Post

i use the black hoses during vacuum, but i still don't use the manifold

vacuum tree, yellow jacket makes it, and two 3/8"s hoses that have a 45° 1/4" on then end to attach to the equipment service valves (schrader port)

also i use 1/4 turn ball valve schrader core removal tool and pull system down without the schraders slowing me down any

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    vacuum tree, yellow jacket makes it, and two 3/8"s hoses that have a 45° 1/4" on then end to attach to the equipment service valves (schrader port)

Actually I have one of those trees, guess I'll dig it out of the garage and see If i can put it back in service. Thanks for reminding me Beachy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    i use the black hoses during vacuum, but i still don't use the manifold

also i use 1/4 turn ball valve schrader core removal tool and pull system down without the schraders slowing me down any

I use the Y/J tree also but in transport we don't have to worry much about schrader valves. But do need a 4 valve manifold to do a 3 point evacuation.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeferman View Post

Reeferman How do you get those Digi-Cools to stick on the wall like that ?

Is that the shower with your Digi-Cools test ?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Thats the micron gage I have, I love it.

YJ Tee Black line 3/8" Core Pullers and to the unit.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Reeferman How do you get those Digi-Cools to stick on the wall like that ?

Is that the shower with your Digi-Cools test ?

It is laying on a floor.

Post Likes
    he knows its on the floor...

I bought that micron gauge last year and love it. I also just bought yet another nib vacuum pump off ebay. This one better be my last one off ebay and it better work. It comes with the 2 valve evac manifold + gauge and i got it for $300 shipped. I need to get some more of the yj 1/4 turn ball valve schrader core removal tools. For some reason ive only got one...
    and i need to get black hoses so i can be cool like everyone else
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    i-Vu, CCN
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

Post Likes
    can u guys post pics of your non manifold vacuum set up...i have re read it and just cant put it together in my head.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
    I need to get some more of the yj 1/4 turn ball valve schrader core removal tools.
    I have 2 YJ and the 2 C&D Puller
    I 've got 6 of the 1/4 and their OK but not great under a deep vacume.

I wont Buy the YJ again, they don't seem to be as good a the C&D.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    I use them and sometimes I wonder just how "tight" they actually are. I was impressed on just how sensitive the micron gauge really is. A power cap leaking over one hundred feet away shows up quickly. Since it's not sensing pressure it really amazes me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    I use them and sometimes I wonder just how "tight" they actually are. I was impressed on just how sensitive the micron gauge really is. A power cap leaking over one hundred feet away shows up quickly. Since it's not sensing pressure it really amazes me.
    wow after hearing that, i think i really need to upgrade. all i got is a cps vg100. i guess it does the job but, to be able to see it like that... makes me wanna go get a new one tomorrow

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thats great I'm getting one. I smashed my piece of crap supco VG that I have only owned for 6 months into a hundred little pieces today. I went to use it and all it would show was 0, new battery, 0. Supco makes crap as far as I'm concerned.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    can u guys post pics of your non manifold vacuum set up...i have re read it and just cant put it together in my head.
    here is something I Bend posted a while back.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ghlight=vacuum

not the exact process that i do, nor the hoses i use. looks as though he is using 1/4 hoses. i use 3/8's in hoses that have the 3/8's connection on one side to connect to the vacuum tree and a 1/4" on the end with a 45° angle and these are the black vacuum hoses that yellow jakcet makes for this application.

yellow jacket part # 93866 is a complete kit, two 4ft hoses, the 2 valve vacuum tree, and two quarter trun ball valves kit can be found in the 200-250 price range

and part # 93876 adds the vacuum gauge that we are talking about to the above i dunno how much that kit is

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    most vacuum gauges don't sense pressure. is that what your saying is not sensing pressure

the all use a thermistor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in