+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Micron Guage

Post Likes
    here is another pic that was posted a long time ago

If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    the pix that is posted need one more part...a shut off right before the micron gage. This would eliminate the chance of having a pressur3e hit the micron gage while charging. This is the set up I use. Iplace a charge into the tree by using the tree shut offs. When I get a positive pressure in the system, I switch to a ste of gages and complete the charge.
    Doug

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    most vacuum gauges don't sense pressure. is that what your saying is not sensing pressure

the all use a thermistor
    Its absolute pressure i believe, but you can see that you have a problem.

That pic in your last post is the same gauge I have
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    the pix that is posted need one more part...a shut off right before the micron gage. This would eliminate the chance of having a pressur3e hit the micron gage while charging. This is the set up I use. Iplace a charge into the tree by using the tree shut offs. When I get a positive pressure in the system, I switch to a ste of gages and complete the charge.
    Can you get a picture ?
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    just take it off before you charge...

none of those pics are mine. they are from others on this site. his vauum gauge is still in the system if he closes the ball valves, so then he could see a rise in microns

since i do alot of heat pump work, i put my micron gauge on a common suction port. it is best to get the vacuum gauge as far from the pump as you can. but text book doesn't always work in the field

and when i am done with a vacuum, i close the ball valves, remove the black hoses, connect my gauges and open everything up and add the charge.

since i use Y/J low loss fittings and leave refrigerant in my gauges all the time, i know they are dry and ready to go

or you can remove the vacuum hoses, and put on a set of regular hoses and purge each hose before opening the ball valve

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    Its absolute pressure i believe, but you can see that you have a problem.

That pic in your last post is the same gauge I have
    you got the owners manual which one is it lol

lemme look in the y/j book

Post Likes
    look at the above picture. Where the micron gage connects, I have a cor remover in line that allows me to isolate the micron gage.
    Doug

Post Likes
    yours uses a thermocouple instead of a thermistor

Post Likes
    look at the above picture. Where the micron gage connects, I have a cor remover in line that allows me to isolate the micron gage.
    unscewring that gauge before charging isnt going to raise you vacuum to an unacceptable level IMO

how low do you go? manu wants 400 and you pull down to 200, i don't think that quickly removing your vacuum gauge is going to put the whole system over 400

Post Likes
    does this help?

try this as photo won't enlarge

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187602
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 02-12-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: photo won't enlarge
    Doug

Post Likes
    Thats A nice setup I really need to make use of that 1/2" port. I'm just waisting too much time evacuating. I have 2- 6 CFM 2 stage pumps I wonder how it would do to use that setup with 2 -6 CFM pumps in parallel.

I just wanted a little input on that yellow jacket guage that was posted. I haven't replaced mine yet. I can get one from johnstone for $210.98 anyone know of a cheeper place?

Post Likes
    i generally can get down and below 200 microns on a split resi unit in less than half hour.

depending on what you're working on, twinning the pumps can hurt you more that it can help you, causing freezing inside the system from pulling down too fast. so i been told.

that isn't a bad price IMO

i always buy locally, that way if i have any troubles, it's thier problem

Post Likes
    Today I ran both 6cfm pumps all day long on a 15 ton split, 2"suction about 120 ft long. When I turned them off I was at 455. We will see in the am what the reading is after setting all night. How much rise would be acceptable and what would it tell me? Could be moisture still in pipe or a small leak,,,,,,,,guess we will see.
    The other 3 are finished and held at 500.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    i generally can get down and below 200 microns on a split resi unit in less than half hour.

depending on what you're working on, twinning the pumps can hurt you more that it can help you, causing freezing inside the system from pulling down too fast. so i been told.

that isn't a bad price IMO

i always buy locally, that way if i have any troubles, it's thier problem
    WOW thats impressive. I'm doing this setup, it took me 1 hour the other day (new oil and just overhauled pump) to pull a 400 micron vaccum in a 5 ton packaged water source heat pump useing my 1/4" port . I'm going to make my manifold set up for 2 pumps on big systems.

Post Likes
    I pull a vacuum (no cores installed) and purge with N2. Then I pull a vacuum again. I like to see no more raise than 100 after watching the micron gage for 15 minutes. The use of the core removers and N2 make the process much faster.
    Doug

Post Likes
    Will a vacuum pull the core back in when it gets deep enough if your O-ring isn't holding tight? And how about useing those core removal tools under a vacuum, you would think those o-rings they use would leak over a short period of time. And I haven't found away to repalce the o-rings in my C&D core tool. Never mind I forgot about the ball valve. Anyhow not to hijack this thread but does anyone know how to replace those O-rings?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    WOW thats impressive. I'm doing this setup, it took me 1 hour the other day (new oil and just overhauled pump) to pull a 400 micron vaccum in a 5 ton packaged water source heat pump useing my 1/4" port . I'm going to make my manifold set up for 2 pumps on big systems.
    an hour on that! you coulda been down in the 100's with this set up

i pulled a packeg RTU 7.5 tonner down to 200 in 25 minutes a couple months ago. and it didn't rise above 250 after standing for 20mns.

the compressor was new, so that helped some. virgin oil.

but i also try to get things going with a heat gun, and or make sure the crankcase heater is running too

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    Will a vacuum pull the core back in when it gets deep enough if your O-ring isn't holding tight? And how about useing those core removal tools under a vacuum, you would think those o-rings they use would leak over a short period of time. And I haven't found away to repalce the o-rings in my C&D core tool.
    they are replacable

i promise

one of mine came ou on me the other day.

Post Likes
    Post 58 on the thread that Beach linked to is a pic of my set up.I try to get below 200 microns everytime I pull a vac.On commercial jobs,I will use two pumps on numorous times.
    Look to the past to learn;look forward to live.

Coach Dean E. Smith

Post Likes
    Which side do you guys connect your vacuum gauge too (suction or liquid)? And does anyone use that vacuum sealant that YJ sells that you put on the fittings?

-Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in