+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Hey, I didn't see you" or Honda vs Peterbuilt

Post Likes

"Hey, I didn't see you" or Honda vs Peterbuilt

I took these today after receiving a phone call from my sister. That is her car. A truck hauling some Carrier rooftop equipment decided to make a right on a red without noticing my sister was already there. To make matters worse, it's a NO TURN ON RED light. The driver's excuse was that the company he works for gives him too much work and he doesn't know where he is. What the hell is that? Sounds like someone needs their DOT license taken away. It's a miracle my sister wasn't killed. Why did I put this in the wall of shame, you ask? He IS carrying heating and cooling equipment on his trailer. Rather ironic isn't it, that someone I know is in an accident involving HVAC stuff, and I work in the trade.

Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Post Likes
    that's messed up...i hope your states DOT investigates this..you may be able to turn him in anonymously. Very glad to hear your sis is ok, i know i would be diving out the passenger side. Oh also glad to see the RTU's where not damages

Post Likes
    Here's kind of an ironic update. A friend of mine who works for another company was installing quite a few of these units today. Two trucks showed up and they were wondering where the other was. The third truck was parked on my sister's car. What makes this even more odd, when this guy finally shows up to deliver his load, the crane operator gets hurt when the hook on his cable breaks free and lands on the cab of the crane. He got flown to shock trauma.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Post Likes
    those units have bad voodoo...going to be a maintenance nightmare unitll they are finished off

Post Likes
    yeah I seen that crane accident down @ annapolis mall.....that is a really ironic story. I think it was Maxim crane company. Glad your sister is ok

Post Likes
    Pretty bizzare coincidences.
    To much work with too little time!!!!

Post Likes
    more ironic woulda been if she was driving a ford...

blue oval smashes blue oval

seriously, i am glad your sister is OK.

i really hate automobile accidents, and how some little fender bender can ruin someones life. good friend of mine has permenant back injuries from an accident some days he can get out of bed, some days he can't.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Glad your sister is ok.

Apparently, those units really aren't meant to be set on that roof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Glad your sister is ok.

Apparently, those units really aren't meant to be set on that roof.
    I wonder what the lead time is for a Civic roof curb? I am happy she is ok Chesapeake.

Post Likes
    Glad she OK

They need to call a Witch Doctor and get the jinx off thoughts RTUs
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    Update on the jobsite. The operator of the crane died today from his injuries sustained from the accident yesterday. My friend who was on the jobsite told me today that two other people have died over there these past few months. One of them was associated with another crane. That place is cursed. I'm not going anywhere near it.

Edit: I said yesterday it was the hook which fell off and crushed the cab. It was actually the front of the boom.

Post Likes
    The jib? my condolences to the family..we just did a lift of 5 units yesterday. The operator though he know what we where doing more than us. He was up down and all over the place..dangerous. I am even more bright eyed hearing about the accident with this operator. i have always believed places can have bad energy if you will...this place you know of is a very dark place

Post Likes
    What is it with Honda's. My brother got backed into by cement truck while driving his accord.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mcr View Post
    What is it with Honda's. My brother got backed into by cement truck while driving his accord.

All of us guys in Michigan have put a hex on all foreign makes so the big 3 will sell more cars! LOL

Post Likes
    You're sister is very lucky! Glad she is OK. As for that mall and those units, bad news, I wouldn't go near that place.

Post Likes
    I am glahat she is ok, but carrier should take the Trane logo, can't stop a carrier..LOL,
    again , I am glad she is ok..
    Ride hard on a Harley!!

Post Likes
    Or maybe it should be "when a Carrier doesn't want installed it won't be"
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    Glad your sis is ok..........Tell your fiend to run from that place. Them there unit are possessed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in