Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hmm non electric thermostat's

i am looking for non electric t-stats with a remote bulb to sense room temp. the catch is they have to be able to flow in iether direction. any idea"s?

explain yourself!

they are for a mono-flow system that feeds about 400 appartments. not sure which way the water is flowing and this is why they need to be universal flow. they attach to cast iron rads or in the piping.

I agree with airmech, first of all why would you even want something like that, second your going to have to peice something togther and have to deal with it, just get a digital that comes with remote sensor, they have power stealing or batt operation....
    Jason J Saylor
    Pinellas County Schools
    HVAC Tech/Part Time HVAC Instructor Fortis College
    Pinellas County Florida

"You will encounter many distractions and many temptations to put your goals aside: The security of a job, a wife who wants kids, Whatever. But if you hang in there, always following your vision, I have no doubt you will succeed.”
    Larry Flynt quote

Quote Originally Posted by saylor240 View Post
    I agree with airmech, first of all why would you even want something like that, second your going to have to peice something togther and have to deal with it, just get a digital that comes with remote sensor, they have power stealing or batt operation....
    it's a dial type thermostat that does not use power to open or close.

well i would look at some reefer stats they are mech and have remote sensor bulbs and may be sutible for your application, good luck
    Jason J Saylor
    Pinellas County Schools
    Pinellas County Florida

"You will encounter many distractions and many temptations to put your goals aside: The security of a job, a wife who wants kids, Whatever. But if you hang in there, always following your vision, I have no doubt you will succeed.”
    Larry Flynt quote

well i would look at some reefer stats they are mech and have remote sensor bulbs and may be sutible for your application, good luck
    i am not familiar with these. can they be put in waterlines? and is the temp range suitable for room temp?

yes they are sutible for wet locations, and have mech and digital, with remote sensing bulbs as far as temp range i am sure you can find something once you get in the right direction, basically you just need temp sensor on the pipe to shut off the heat right? so anything should work with right temp range check out grainger website or johnstone and should find something that would work.
    Jason J Saylor
    Pinellas County Schools
    Pinellas County Florida

Larry Flynt quote

yes they are sutible for wet locations, and have mech and digital, with remote sensing bulbs as far as temp range i am sure you can find something once you get in the right direction, basically you just need temp sensor on the pipe to shut off the heat right? so anything should work with right temp range check out grainger website or johnstone and should find something that would work.
    i don't think that would work. the valve needs to be inline of the water line and the bulb needs to sense room temp. its kind of like a mixing valve but opens and closes on room temp not water temp.

ok, i think i get what your saying now, you have a inline water vavle that control water flow thru 400 radiators? or do you have 400 vavles that shut off each one idvidually as they call in each room? I have seen it done both ways either way they make a control for that, but your not looking for a thermostat your looking for a water valve that opens and closes depending on the room ambiant temp thus stopping the water flow. right? ok where have you looked? there has to be something out there, let me see.....
    Jason J Saylor
    Pinellas County Schools
    Pinellas County Florida

Larry Flynt quote

you need something like this?? http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2E789
    Jason J Saylor
    Pinellas County Schools
    Pinellas County Florida

Larry Flynt quote

you will need a stat to go with it, depending on the vavle voltage 120, or 24 you may have to get transformer also, but you can make it work.
    Jason J Saylor
    Pinellas County Schools
    Pinellas County Florida

Larry Flynt quote

Can't use use valves that shut off or reduce flo on a monoflo system.

Are you sure its mono flo.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast