Post Likes

Digital psychrometer

Getting ready for AC season and I want a new psychrometer. The small pen type from fieldpiece looks good or I could order the wireless 605i testo humidity smart probe for a little more money. I have the testo AC smart probes only used them two times last year. I was thinking about getting the appion ion kit to.

So fieldpiece, testo or other? This is for target superheat and measurement will be taken in duct when possible.

Post Likes
    The little Fieldpiece one doesn't have a long enough probe for getting good in duct readings, but their SDP2 is a great instrument for in duct readings.
    I carry 2 of the Testo wireless probes in a small hard case in my tool bag, they are great little probes.

3. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH, Metalman0880 liked this post
    Post Likes
    The little pocket Fieldpiece one is crap as! it breaks very easy and if you use Celsius, the thing resets all the time (without modification).

I bought This UEi Test Instruments DTH35 when I visited the states last year and I bloody loved it... Until I left it on a customers outdoor unit. When I got back there it had seen some pretty torrential rains and they aren't that waterproof :P I'm definitely going to get it again one day. It's a bit bigger than the pocket one from Fieldpiece though!

Post Likes
    The little Fieldpiece (price is right) pocket has served me well for a couple few years. I have the red amprobe (bulky) and a Testo for back up. If I really want to be certain I'll break out the SDP2, but I really only use that for efficiency tests for the power company.

I'd happily replace the Fieldpiece every couple years for the price and size.
    "...and pray it works, pray to God it works."

---Nick's Handyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSFmAznl_2o

I proudly support DIY - I've got enough calls to run.

Post Likes
    Do you think the testo smart probe could handle daily use?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 11crv View Post
    Seems way overkill for simply determining target superheat - it would depend on what you're using it for?
    "...and pray it works, pray to God it works."

---Nick's Handyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSFmAznl_2o

I proudly support DIY - I've got enough calls to run.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 11crv View Post
    It is basically the Testo 605-H2 humidity stick, with a bluetooth radio instead of a display, and no pivoting head
    Considering the only part of the H2 that ever actually breaks is the wire where it goes through the pivot, it should definitely stand up to daily use.
    I keep 2 of them in a small plastic parts box in my tool bag.
    I do sometimes wish it had its own display, but the wireless function comes in handy, and they cost less than the H2.

Name:  20170424_211609.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  127.0 KB

Post Likes
    so what are my other options out there? I have a blue box already but I was looking for a stand alone option to measure wet bulb.