Need Replacement Thermostat to control hum/dhum

Hi all,

I currently have the following setup:

1. Honeywell th9421c1004 thermostat
    2. Honeywell Equipment Interface Module
    3. A/C
    4. Furnace
    5. Whole house humidifier
    6. Whole house dehumidifier (Honeywell DH90)

There are no issues with this system but I've been making Smart Home changes i.e. Alexa, lights etc and would like to get a new WiFi "Smart" thermostat that would control both the humidifier and dehumidifier but am having trouble finding one that would control both.

The Nest and Echobee3 only control one of these devices at a time not both.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Post Likes
    I meant to also add that I'd like to get the best possible thermostat regardless of price.

Post Likes
    Honeywell Prestige IAQ with WiFi gateway if desired. Step up version of the Vision Pro IAQ you have.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Honeywell Prestige IAQ with WiFi gateway if desired. Step up version of the Vision Pro IAQ you have.
    Thanks very much,

A few follow ups,

1. Is the Honeywell lyric able to do both and if so is that better than the prestige?

2. If I went with an echobee3 for example and only wired the dehumidifier and had the humidifier wired to a desperate control unit just for that during the winter use, would I be losing out in anything? I mean, would it literally just be the convenience of controlling both units I'm missing or would not having the dehumidifier controlled by the echo mean something else is lost in the way of comfort etc?

Thanks again!

Post Likes
    Forget Lyric unless you're eager to pay a monthly fee.
    Prestige IAQ with a Redline Gateway will do everything you want.
    I don't have experience with Ecobee. And that is the way it is spelled.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Thank you,

The only problem I have with the Prestige is it's pretty old and out of date. I work in computers and the thought of having to get a module to add to the thermostat just to give it wifi seems pretty old tech to me. On top of that it doesn't work with the latest tech and protocols so while I'm happy to pay a high amount I only want to do so for the best tech I can get. The whole "red-line" thing is just too old and out of date at this point.

But regarding the second question, forget ecobee, the heart of the question is does having a humidifier controlled by a separate unit outside of your thermostat (while having your thermostat control your dehumidifier) result in just a lack of convenience or does it actually impact the functionality in any way? In other words if it's just a matter of convenience I'm losing then that really frees my options up and I'd be happy to get the best tech and have it only control the dehumidifier and control the humidifier separately. Whereas if having the humidifier also controlled by the thermostat somehow makes the performance of these units better than I know I need a thermostat that can control both.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Also there is no monthly fee for Lyric.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Noshow View Post
    Also there is no monthly fee for Lyric.
    I'm glad that changed.
    There was a monthly fee when the thermostat was released a couple of years ago. It was a subscription program for the online use of it. I asked the counter guys at the supply house how many they had sold a few months after it came out. They had sold none of them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Noshow View Post
    Thank you,

The only problem I have with the Prestige is it's pretty old and out of date. I work in computers and the thought of having to get a module to add to the thermostat just to give it wifi seems pretty old tech to me. On top of that it doesn't work with the latest tech and protocols so while I'm happy to pay a high amount I only want to do so for the best tech I can get. The whole "red-line" thing is just too old and out of date at this point.

But regarding the second question, forget ecobee, the heart of the question is does having a humidifier controlled by a separate unit outside of your thermostat (while having your thermostat control your dehumidifier) result in just a lack of convenience or does it actually impact the functionality in any way? In other words if it's just a matter of convenience I'm losing then that really frees my options up and I'd be happy to get the best tech and have it only control the dehumidifier and control the humidifier separately. Whereas if having the humidifier also controlled by the thermostat somehow makes the performance of these units better than I know I need a thermostat that can control both.
    Redlink (not redline as my spell checker made it) does use a different protocol. Honeywell developed it for security beyond what most wifi networks can provide. I understand your preference for a fully integrated protocol. We use the Prestige IAQ at home as well as on the job and it has worked very well in all the applications, including at a 10 theater multiplex.

As for separate controls for humidification and dehumidification, the only issue that might arise would be if they were set to overlap. Then both systems would run and be at odds with each other. A single controller would prevent that.

One of our customers has two systems, a Prestige on one system and a Nest on the other. He likes the reporting of the Nest but the simple interface of the Prestige.
    BTW, the Prestige does have recording of operation, duct temperatures, and outdoor temperatures but it is down in one of the menus. It can be useful for diagnosing problems. This does require that the included duct sensors are installed.