Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joeysmith View Post
    That's a good find! Thanks for sharing it!

It seems their product already proves the strategy I'm going for. However, it seems like their approach would be better if they offered an "ice battery" that could be stored inside the cooled space. The units they show on their site both have the ice battery incorporated into the outside unit, which has a huge footprint. It is insulated, but it will still absorb plenty of BTU's through the insulation. However, if the ice battery was stored inside the cooled space, any BTU's that leak through the insulation would just provide ultra-cheap cooling to the cooled space.

Post Likes
    Progress is slower now, but I am nearly done installing the blower. The air-to-water heat exchanger is scheduled for delivery on Friday, but I still haven't decided whether to install it just before the blower in the large chanber, or install it after the blower in the small chamber. The documentation for my blower indicates that coils should be installed before the blower ("up stream"), but the coils in my central AC units are installed after the blowers. Is there any reason why it would matter?

Name:  IMG_2156.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  112.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2157.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  109.6 KB

Post Likes
    I decided to put the air to water heat exchanger after the blower. I think I'm just a few hours away from hooking up the water pump, but won't be able to work on it again until Monday. However, I did get the blower hooked up with 5 different speeds, which are selectable via dry-contact relays. I've also verified that I can use those speeds to vary delta T between the inlet and outlet. I haven't jacked with it much, but I achieved just over 30 degree F drop with a medium air flow.

Name:  uberac4.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  78.1 KB

Name:  uberac5.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  uberac6.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  uberac7.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  57.3 KB

Name:  uberac3.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  59.8 KB

Name:  uberac2.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  48.9 KB

Post Likes
    so, does it work yet?
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Actually, it is working, but I haven't totally decided how to best utilize the cold water. I'm just working through each theory, so I can scratch them off the list. In the meantime, I have achieved a significantly lower RH, and have reduced my average cooling cost by at least another 25% with even greater comfort.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567