+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is my new Appion G5Twin defective?

Post Likes

Is my new Appion G5Twin defective?

I used this recovery machine for the first time Fri last week. Haven't had an opportunity to get it out this week so far. My concern is that something is out of balance in it that shouldn't be. I had it sitting on top of a package hp unit, but the unit's top panel was fairly sturdy. When I started the recovery machine up it shimmied quite a bit. Throttling down didn't change a thing. I picked it up and it felt like I was holding a sawzall in my hand running full tilt. Other than that the thing worked fine. Pulled the Puron out in no time. Pretty much at the rate listed in the manual for it.

So I called Appion support and explained this to the guy who answered. He said it'll vibrate a little, if it's working ok then I'd tend to think there's nothing wrong with it. So my question is, do any of you who have one of these notice the same shimmy. If not I think I'll send the thing back. My old Inficon ran smooth as silk, no vibration in the handle at all.

Post Likes
    The first time we used ours (pulling gas out of a decommissioned rack) we had it sitting on a concrete surface and it back off the service hose and leaked a little liquid. Had to tighten it periodically.

They are a force to be reckoned with

Post Likes
    Mine shakes a little but it never alarmed me that it was too much. Compaired to other similar machines it was smoother IMO.

Post Likes
    Yeah. It rattles a bit.

Still sucks gas better than any other recovery machine I've used.

Post Likes
    Yeah, the ones we have rattle quite a bit too. We did have one really vibrating and a closer inspection revealed that one of the vanes had broken off the cooling fan. We were able to order a new fan and replace it without any problem.

Post Likes
    Mine does a good bit of dancing too, sorta like a good woman when their.....oh well you know what I mean.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    mine moves around a lil when pulling liquid out.

used it today, got a lil over 12lbs out of a walk in less than 15 minutes

lol well, i was using the comp too
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    mine moves around a lil when pulling liquid out.

used it today, got a lil over 12lbs out of a walk in less than 15 minutes

lol well, i was using the comp too
    Ummmmm yea, they are good, but not that good lol!! Although with push-pull you can really extract the juice quickly

Post Likes
    Yeah, they probably should have included a nice 2" ratchet strap to tie it down. Mine vibrated quite a bit until the 10th time I used it and the fan fell off while I wasn't there baby sitting it. It ate itself up nicely without the fan, and I was 40 miles from my backup OZsaver 4000, so after I got it repaired under warranty, I dumped it off on ePay.

Thermoflo: 16 years and still suckin anything I give it.

Appion: Puked after 2 months.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by local 832s View Post
    Ummmmm yea, they are good, but not that good lol!! Although with push-pull you can really extract the juice quickly
    did i say that out loud whoops lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Ok guy's, thanks for the feedback. On the second round it didn't shake nearly as bad. Must've been because it was new. I read in the manual where it needs a little break-in period. I like the small size, that's really the only reason I didn't get another Inficon. I hope the new one will go at least as long as the old one did. If it doesn't the boss might get sore about me talking him into it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gasoilair View Post
    Yeah, they probably should have included a nice 2" ratchet strap to tie it down. Mine vibrated quite a bit until the 10th time I used it and the fan fell off while I wasn't there baby sitting it. It ate itself up nicely without the fan, and I was 40 miles from my backup OZsaver 4000, so after I got it repaired under warranty, I dumped it off on ePay.

Thermoflo: 16 years and still suckin anything I give it.

Appion: Puked after 2 months.
    Yup same one I always go back to when the others blow up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    Ok guy's, thanks for the feedback. On the second round it didn't shake nearly as bad. Must've been because it was new. I read in the manual where it needs a little break-in period. I like the small size, that's really the only reason I didn't get another Inficon. I hope the new one will go at least as long as the old one did. If it doesn't the boss might get sore about me talking him into it.
    Mine went through two trane centravacs, R-113, not supposed to lol. It hopped around like a f#$%in rabbit but it got the job done lol.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Post Likes
    I hope its good, i just bought one
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    i-Vu, CCN
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
    I hope its good, i just bought one
    I've had mine for 6 years now and... wow, anyways I've used it pretty hard and done some big job and it always pulls through. By far the fastest machine I've used and no problems to date.

Post Likes
    yea it dose shake a little but no problems getting the job done.

Post Likes
    My appion shakes like a rat terrier passin a peach seed

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in