Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,576

    Is my new Appion G5Twin defective?

    I used this recovery machine for the first time Fri last week. Haven't had an opportunity to get it out this week so far. My concern is that something is out of balance in it that shouldn't be. I had it sitting on top of a package hp unit, but the unit's top panel was fairly sturdy. When I started the recovery machine up it shimmied quite a bit. Throttling down didn't change a thing. I picked it up and it felt like I was holding a sawzall in my hand running full tilt. Other than that the thing worked fine. Pulled the Puron out in no time. Pretty much at the rate listed in the manual for it.

    So I called Appion support and explained this to the guy who answered. He said it'll vibrate a little, if it's working ok then I'd tend to think there's nothing wrong with it. So my question is, do any of you who have one of these notice the same shimmy. If not I think I'll send the thing back. My old Inficon ran smooth as silk, no vibration in the handle at all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nova-Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    271
    The first time we used ours (pulling gas out of a decommissioned rack) we had it sitting on a concrete surface and it back off the service hose and leaked a little liquid. Had to tighten it periodically.

    They are a force to be reckoned with

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,506
    Mine shakes a little but it never alarmed me that it was too much. Compaired to other similar machines it was smoother IMO.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,847

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Upstate, SC
    Posts
    2,919
    Yeah, the ones we have rattle quite a bit too. We did have one really vibrating and a closer inspection revealed that one of the vanes had broken off the cooling fan. We were able to order a new fan and replace it without any problem.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    houston, texas
    Posts
    3,787
    Mine does a good bit of dancing too, sorta like a good woman when their.....oh well you know what I mean.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

    Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own






  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    mine moves around a lil when pulling liquid out.

    used it today, got a lil over 12lbs out of a walk in less than 15 minutes




    lol well, i was using the comp too
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    mine moves around a lil when pulling liquid out.

    used it today, got a lil over 12lbs out of a walk in less than 15 minutes




    lol well, i was using the comp too
    Ummmmm yea, they are good, but not that good lol!! Although with push-pull you can really extract the juice quickly

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    499
    Yeah, they probably should have included a nice 2" ratchet strap to tie it down. Mine vibrated quite a bit until the 10th time I used it and the fan fell off while I wasn't there baby sitting it. It ate itself up nicely without the fan, and I was 40 miles from my backup OZsaver 4000, so after I got it repaired under warranty, I dumped it off on ePay.

    Thermoflo: 16 years and still suckin anything I give it.

    Appion: Puked after 2 months.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by local 832s View Post
    Ummmmm yea, they are good, but not that good lol!! Although with push-pull you can really extract the juice quickly
    did i say that out loud whoops lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,576
    Ok guy's, thanks for the feedback. On the second round it didn't shake nearly as bad. Must've been because it was new. I read in the manual where it needs a little break-in period. I like the small size, that's really the only reason I didn't get another Inficon. I hope the new one will go at least as long as the old one did. If it doesn't the boss might get sore about me talking him into it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by gasoilair View Post
    Yeah, they probably should have included a nice 2" ratchet strap to tie it down. Mine vibrated quite a bit until the 10th time I used it and the fan fell off while I wasn't there baby sitting it. It ate itself up nicely without the fan, and I was 40 miles from my backup OZsaver 4000, so after I got it repaired under warranty, I dumped it off on ePay.

    Thermoflo: 16 years and still suckin anything I give it.

    Appion: Puked after 2 months.
    Yup same one I always go back to when the others blow up.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    Ok guy's, thanks for the feedback. On the second round it didn't shake nearly as bad. Must've been because it was new. I read in the manual where it needs a little break-in period. I like the small size, that's really the only reason I didn't get another Inficon. I hope the new one will go at least as long as the old one did. If it doesn't the boss might get sore about me talking him into it.
    Mine went through two trane centravacs, R-113, not supposed to lol. It hopped around like a f#$%in rabbit but it got the job done lol.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

    Sig line removed by Admin*

    Lets see if this gets removed..............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event