Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Liebert SiteLink-E SSW-2E

I have a tenant in my building that is getting ready to install a new 15ton Liebert DS unit. to an existing server room with an older 20ton deluxe unit (upgraded controls). I managed to get the mechanical engineer to spec lon communications but I want to make sure what we end up with works.
    I spent some time on the phone with Liebert and was told that what I need is the Sitelink-E SSW-2E, I've gone all over their web site and installation manual and nowhere does it say anything about lon. Apparently a Liebert tech will have to do a site survey and then they will write the driver for the sitelink. does anyone have any tips or warnings for me? Would Liebert be able to provide me a list of available NV's so I can construct the webpage / interface ahead of time?

Be honest with Liebert and tell them you heard many times over that their LON interface is subpar and you have initial reservations that they don't know what they are doing. (search this site)

Find out if you can enable Modbus on one of your ilon100's and then ask them if they know what they are doing with Modbus as a fall back position. When they indicate their preference for Modbus because they offer you more variables, you can counter with the information if that is the case your LON interface is significantly in the dark ages because there should be no difference in point count.

It would be nice if they could make their LON interface work well, but I don't know of anyone with a completely successful install. Plus they have pie-in-the-sky pricing for the interface.

Maybe somebody here has a different experience.

EDIT: I noted you have a spec... If so, hold them over the fire to provide a WORKING interface. Tell them straight up it's their responsibility to provide a working node and all you are going to do is commission it and it better work. However, you should have specified that they commission it in a LNS LON based tool, or better yet in your tool. That way they set it up and screw around with any issues in advance. Otherwise, they plug it in and take off blaming the world rather than themselves.

EDIT 2: I forget this: </rant>
    Last edited by sysint; 02-03-2009 at 12:01 PM.

I noted you have a spec... If so, hold them over the fire to provide a WORKING interface. Tell them straight up it's their responsibility to provide a working node and all you are going to do is commission it and it better work. However, you should have specified that they commission it in a LNS LON based tool, or better yet in your tool. That way they set it up and screw around with any issues in advance. Otherwise, they plug it in and take off blaming the world rather than themselves.
    So..... I should specify a working interface with pre-confirmed SNVT's, commisioned with the on-site LNS tool?

Sounds pretty straight forward

I'll let you know what they say.

I wouldnt touch a Sitelink with a 10 ft pole.
    I would use Modbus and I would buy a "open comms nic card"
    from Liebert. You just hook it up to the unit and use vt100 to set it up, it takes about 10 min for the first one maybe 5 for each additional one.
    Plus you save a ton of cash and you dont need Liebert for anything.
    good luck
    Kevin

I wouldnt touch a Sitelink with a 10 ft pole.
    I would use Modbus and I would buy a "open comms nic card"
    from Liebert. You just hook it up to the unit and use vt100 to set it up, it takes about 10 min for the first one maybe 5 for each additional one.
    Plus you save a ton of cash and you dont need Liebert for anything.
    good luck
    Kevin
    Can you point me towards any more info on these?
    Forgive my ignorance but what is vt100?

Sounds like a much easier option.

Thanks,

If you're using a Sitelink-E it will be the 1st that I heard of. I recently did a bunch of Libert Sitelink-12s and they work flawlessly with the ALC stuff.... they should, ALC makes them! I was made aware of the new -E version but I have been staying clear of them since I can no longer program them, they have to be done by Liebert. I used to be able to do the whole install myself, the Liebert side and the ALC side. I guess that's why they want to put a stop to it. As far as that relates to LON, I have no idea.
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by 381engineer View Post
    Can you point me towards any more info on these?
    Forgive my ignorance but what is vt100?

Sounds like a much easier option.

Thanks,
    This will explain it all in 2 simple pages
    (got to love simple)
    http://rmg.liebert.com/assets/produc...t/sl_28154.pdf

Angry Sitelink 4 lon

We just finished one of these. It had (2) minimates and another Liebert device wired to the SiteLink 4. It must be new, the local rep told the Mechanical Contractor that the SiteLink is all they needed and that the Lon interface was there. I have done my share of Liebert integrations (modbus) and spent a lot of time convincing the supplier that the Lon piece was in fact not there.

I found no info on line regarding the interface. They finally found that they did in fact need additional equipment. There solution is an SLTA-10 serially connected to the SiteLink.

The rotten part is that my company wired the device and swapped the 24H and 24G on the SiteLink. I am paying for a new SiteLink. Be Warned!!

The configuration downloaded in the SiteLink generates the XIF file. I used the "lmnl tool" in tridium and things went pretty smooth. When you create the lmnl file, it has nearly all of the points duplicated (SSpaceTemp and a S_Space_Temp). I chose to use the point without the underscores because the Liebert startup guy was unsure of what to use and both points seemed to bring the same data. The data aligns with what you would find in Liebert's modbus info. Points that start with a "C" are commandable/controllable, "S" points are status feedback, "A" are the alarm points. The alarm points require a Numeric to Bits conversion to determine the exact alarm.

Took 4 months to get the right equipment to the project. Took 2 hours to integrate and parse the data.

TheRat
    Sitelink 4 lon
    We just finished one of these. It had (2) minimates and another Liebert device wired to the SiteLink 4. It must be new, the local rep told the Mechanical Contractor that the SiteLink is all they needed and that the Lon interface was there. I have done my share of Liebert integrations (modbus) and spent a lot of time convincing the supplier that the Lon piece was in fact not there.

I found no info on line regarding the interface. They finally found that they did in fact need additional equipment. There solution is an SLTA-10 serially connected to the SiteLink.

The rotten part is that my company wired the device and swapped the 24H and 24G on the SiteLink. I am paying for a new SiteLink. Be Warned!!

The configuration downloaded in the SiteLink generates the XIF file. I used the "lmnl tool" in tridium and things went pretty smooth. When you create the lmnl file, it has nearly all of the points duplicated (SSpaceTemp and a S_Space_Temp). I chose to use the point without the underscores because the Liebert startup guy was unsure of what to use and both points seemed to bring the same data. The data aligns with what you would find in Liebert's modbus info. Points that start with a "C" are commandable/controllable, "S" points are status feedback, "A" are the alarm points. The alarm points require a Numeric to Bits conversion to determine the exact alarm.

Took 4 months to get the right equipment to the project. Took 2 hours to integrate and parse the data
    Much appreciated.
    The tenant has been dragging their ass on this so nothing has been ordered yet. I pretty much gave up on pursuing the sitelink and figured I just go with the modbus into my ilon, seems to be the simplest way.

Cool Sitelink Drivers

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the latest driver version for the Sitelink? I currently have a customer with an October 2006 (2.04.001), and ALWAYS try to keep contract customers current, (especially with the 2-12 driver problems that ALC had and the baby core issue), and haven't been able to verify that I have the latest driver or not. I'm trying not to involve Emerson unless I have to, because around here, you open your wallet, then you get an answer.

Any Takers?

Don

I believe that 2-04-001 is the newest driver, if there is one newer I have not seen it yet.
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

Thanks!!

Thanks Hotrod,

Do you know if the graphic (bezel) they use for their Series 600 UPS is the same on their Web interface (tcp/ip) as they use for their Sitescan? Just curious.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Manometer View Post
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the latest driver version for the Sitelink? I currently have a customer with an October 2006 (2.04.001), and ALWAYS try to keep contract customers current, (especially with the 2-12 driver problems that ALC had and the baby core issue), and haven't been able to verify that I have the latest driver or not. I'm trying not to involve Emerson unless I have to, because around here, you open your wallet, then you get an answer.

Any Takers?

Don
    The Sitelink isn't affected by ALC's baby core issue. Only "baby core" modules (ZN, AAR, SE) needed driver updates, and only if they were manufacturered within a specific time window.

to your question, we just had an emerson tech come start up a sitelink 2e and they put the 2.12.003 driver into it. i think this is a webctrl 3 era driver. I understand that liebert made significant changes to their drivers (webctrl 4 era), and we want no part of them since they take away most of the "advantages" that we alc dealers have in communicating to sitelinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast