Post Likes

ISO New Opportunity in Controls

I've worked my way up at one of the larger controls companies and have been with my current company for 10 years. Started as a Level I Tech and now handle BAS support for an entire zone (basically people call me when their stuff breaks and their techs can't figure it out.) I'm on the industrial/commercial side - mostly critical environments. I like my company and my role, we have great benefits, but we really want to get out of the Chicagoland area/IL for a variety of reasons. Just looking for opinions on the best markets for controls work right now, and if anyone has any senior level positions available ($85k+), would love to provide you with a more detailed background. Otherwise I'd like to look for an internal transfer, but I have no idea where to go from here. I have a wife and 2 young kids so now's the time to make a move.

Thanks and look forward to any input.

2. Likes HVAC_HRManager liked this post
    Post Likes
    I moved out of the Chicago burbs a couple years ago because of the rising property taxes. I hear its only getting worse. Dont regret it one bit. Moved to Phoenix AZ area. Tons of ex chicagoans down here lol Phoenix area is growing exponentially. There is a ton of new construction work and retrofit. JCI, trane, honeywell, climatec (local company) seem to do lot of work. The cost of living is less than Chicago and it seems like companies are less willing to pay for good work. It's a right to work state and the union isnt as strong. I've always been told choose where you want to live first, then decide the job you want. Good luck in your decisions!

Post Likes
    HEY RAMSEY HOW LONG U BEEEN IN PHOENIX HOW MANY SUMMERS?? YES CONSTRUCTION IS BOOMING ALOT WORK ON THE COMMERCIAL SIDE,,,,IF U WANT CONTROLS, THERES ALOT TO PICK FROM COMPANIES...CONTROLS CLIMATEC AND AZ CONTROLS, THEY DID THE FBI BUILDING AND DID ALOT SCHOOLS ANDOVER ALERTON BAS

Post Likes
    Hello,
    I am the HR Manager for CMS Controls in Raleigh, NC. We are currently hiring for a Controls Service Manager and always looking for qualified DDC Technicians. Please email me at lhorton@piedmontsg.com so that we can chat further about this position.

By the way- its already 70 degrees in Raleigh today!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_HRManager View Post
    Hello,
    I am the HR Manager for CMS Controls in Raleigh, NC. We are currently hiring for a Controls Service Manager and always looking for qualified DDC Technicians. Please email me at lhorton@piedmontsg.com so that we can chat further about this position.

By the way- its already 70 degrees in Raleigh today!
    Whoops, just saw this now -- still looking to make a change, are you still hiring? If so I'll shoot you an email.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Are you still looking? Email me, that would be easier! I check that much more frequently than I log on here.