Post Likes

How many changues of air in a smoking area?

Hi to you all, currently my brother and a friends star the remodelign of a place to be a bar.

Place will be ready for 100 to 250 people. In two main zones ( dont divided)
    in to areas similar, in this dimenensions.

Length :12m
    Heigth: 2.7m
    width: 8m

The manuals, says around 5 to 7 changues per hour, yet myself dont smoke and I want to make the place as smoke free... I went to an approach of 10 changes and went to distribute the extraction on 8 intakes.

Is this will be sufficient?
    There is any rule of thumb for something like this?

Thanks a lot.
    -Alex

Post Likes
    I don't know of any regs on this but there probably is. I have done air balance in this type of facility and the main thing you need to make sure of is that the smoking area is negative with respect to non-smoking.

Post Likes
    It depends on the level of smoke inside the room............maximum occupancy at a time...........basis which we can guide on air changes per hour.
    Last edited by beenthere; 04-19-2017 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Removed company name.

Post Likes
    MG. You are not allowed to advertise your company. Unless you are a Pro member. And then the link to your company website must be in your sig only.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    How about demand ventilation based on CO2 levels? I am making a big gamble in my facility that this will work to keep the air fresh and also control energy costs as population changes. Should have new system up in a month or so.

Post Likes
    Wouldn't be a problem in California. Not allowed to smoke in any work or public building.

Post Likes
    It will depend on how many people are smoking at once and the square footage and ventilation. You can add commercial stand alone air filtration sometimes called Smoke Eaters units to help with the load.