Post Likes

A/C Blower Fan Shutoff Delay ??

I am at my winter home in AZ in which I just had both A/C units replaced. They are American Standard Silver Series basic 14SEER units.

Just started using A/C and noticed on both units, the house blower fan shuts down simultaneously with the outside compressor/fan.

In checking, I found that the blower is set this way from the factory but has dip switches that can be set to 80 second delay.

The 80 seconds delay seems the logical best setting, but the factory must have a reason to default to no delay.

I though I would check with the experts on this forum before I change to the 80 second delay.

We do not use the house in the heat of the summer and only use the A/C 2-3 month a year. Its 96 right now.

Post Likes
    No biggie either way. Delay will reintroduce some of the moisture from the coil back into the home, probably not a bad thing in AZ. Try it and see if it suits! No real downside unless you have a very leaky duct system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    No biggie either way. Delay will reintroduce some of the moisture from the coil back into the home, probably not a bad thing in AZ. Try it and see if it suits! No real downside unless you have a very leaky duct system.
    I'll do as you suggest and try the delay setting.