Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    12
    Post Likes

    supply air fan in residential application -- AHU or no ?

    supply air fan in residential application -- AHU or no ?


    Just wondering if you guys use a supply air (inline fan?)_if so what and why ?

    Also, are they hooked up to the AHU or no in most of your applications ?


    thanks!


    rt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    4,408
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    supply air fan in residential application -- AHU or no ?


    Just wondering if you guys use a supply air (inline fan?)_if so what and why ?

    Also, are they hooked up to the AHU or no in most of your applications ?


    thanks!


    rt
    Your questions are not clear. There has to be a blower, either in an air handler or in a furnace.
    If you are asking about an inline booster fan - I refuse to use them. They don't solve the problem, then they get noisy in a few years, and when they fail in a few years more, they block air flow.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

    Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/


    There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    12
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Your questions are not clear. There has to be a blower, either in an air handler or in a furnace.
    If you are asking about an inline booster fan - I refuse to use them. They don't solve the problem, then they get noisy in a few years, and when they fail in a few years more, they block air flow.
    If 62.2 is adopted for balanced ventilation it doesn't require hookup to AHU... just a lot of filter changes or cleanings

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    4,408
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    If 62.2 is adopted for balanced ventilation it doesn't require hookup to AHU... just a lot of filter changes or cleanings
    Now you have introduced another unknown. What is 62.2?
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

    Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/


    There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.