Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Check out around 4:40

Post Likes
    Looks like a leak rate to me ?
    More importantly: Do you agree with the theory of a dry nitro sweep helping to boil the ice to vapor after a re pull to 500 mics ?

The other thing is . I always put my micron gauge on the system side of the pump with a valve in between . That way I am not reading what my pumps doing but what I'm achieving in the actual system .

If you can't isolate the pump from the micron gauge you open yourself up to a possible leak in the hose fittings or vacuum manifold driving false results.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by richper View Post
    Looks like a leak rate to me ?
    More importantly: Do you agree with the theory of a dry nitro sweep helping to boil the ice to vapor after a re pull to 500 mics ?

The other thing is . I always put my micron gauge on the system side of the pump with a valve in between . That way I am not reading what my pumps doing but what I'm achieving in the actual system .

If you can't isolate the pump from the micron gauge you open yourself up to a possible leak in the hose fittings or vacuum manifold driving false results.
    doesn't look like a leak to me.
    That small of a volume would have been a quick rise not a plateau like it did at 4:40

I don't believe N2 would do much for melting that ice but time to let it thaw out during the purge would. If that shop was below 32 do you really think N2 in the jar would remove the ice?

Post Likes
    No Sir . This is exactly why evacuations in low ambients can be frustrating. Good Point !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by richper View Post
    No Sir . This is exactly why evacuations in low ambients can be frustrating. Good Point !
    X2 good point.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Post Likes
    This was some messing around with some solid moisture.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....-ice-by-vacuum

Post Likes
    So how small of a vacuum pump and how small of hose would you use to not make ice in a mason jar?

Any boiling of the water is going to lower it's temp as it evaporates.

Is any vacuum pump a good way to remove moisture from a system?

Is Buttwheat coming back or does he just like to drop the fire hose one liner

9. Likes dblaron717 liked this post
    Post Likes
    The ONLY way to get the ice gone is to add heat.... Why would N2 purge do what a vacuum would not?

I worked for a company that made large vacuum chambers with oil heated (300F) shelves inside. Thought I'd dry off some metal parts I had just degreased and placed them in the heated vacuum chamber (with pumps capable of 150CFM at 30 microns.) Could not get the vacuum down after 20 minutes so I pulled the parts out of the heated chamber and they were coated with solid ice! Certainly learned something that day, eh?

I set them out in the desert sun for 10 minutes and they were DRY.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    The ONLY way to get the ice gone is to add heat.... Why would N2 purge do what a vacuum would not?

I worked for a company that made large vacuum chambers with oil heated (300F) shelves inside. Thought I'd dry off some metal parts I had just degreased and placed them in the heated vacuum chamber (with pumps capable of 150CFM at 30 microns.) Could not get the vacuum down after 20 minutes so I pulled the parts out of the heated chamber and they were coated with solid ice! Certainly learned something that day, eh?

I set them out in the desert sun for 10 minutes and they were DRY.
    I've had many times where the system wouldn't go below 2000microns but then i would blast it with nitrogen/pull vacuum two times and then it would go to 500 and stay below 1000 for 20 minutes. Thats how i have been shown. The triple vac process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    what pressure would "hemisphere" be?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    So how small of a vacuum pump and how small of hose would you use to not make ice in a mason jar?

Any boiling of the water is going to lower it's temp as it evaporates.

Is any vacuum pump a good way to remove moisture from a system?

Is Buttwheat coming back or does he just like to drop the fire hose one liner
    Im coming back I have to work and don't play around on my phone during work.

I am always open to new theories but I don't like the new trend of guys trying to pull a vacuum in 2 minutes. The video shows a chunk of ice and the system is at 500 microns. I see some guys saying I hit 500 and Im gone. I remember there was a link on here that someone posted to a sales video of a vacuum system where the guy show he pulls down a line set down in 30 seconds. Sure you can pull a system down to 500 microns in a couple of minutes but when blanked off does it hold it for 5 minutes if it does its good in my book.
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    Im coming back I have to work and don't play around on my phone during work.

I am always open to new theories but I don't like the new trend of guys trying to pull a vacuum in 2 minutes. The video shows a chunk of ice and the system is at 500 microns. I see some guys saying I hit 500 and Im gone. I remember there was a link on here that someone posted to a sales video of a vacuum system where the guy show he pulls down a line set down in 30 seconds. Sure you can pull a system down to 500 microns in a couple of minutes but when blanked off does it hold it for 5 minutes if it does its good in my book.
    The bigger the hose id the lower pressure you will see at the end of it. It's the blank off you should pay attention to expecially with big hose since guys are used to seeing the higher pressure because of the restrictive hose.

Here's an example with a 1" hose. Somebody show me the same thing with their ½" hose and I will shut up. Down to the 40's in 40 seconds.
    The reason you can't with the ½" hose is not because it's leaky or dirty it's because it's ½"
    ⅜ is worse Ό is the worst

https://youtu.be/YRK75LvPjJE

I see in another post you have a DV40
    I had a couple of those
    That one lies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast