Post Likes

1st post put in wrong spot Trane zone comfortlink 2

trane comfortlink2 zoneing
    im trying to find out if there is a work around to the limit of only 4 zone dampers daisy chained together in one zone trying to get six per zone on a two zone system

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vargimike View Post
    trane comfortlink2 zoneing
    im trying to find out if there is a work around to the limit of only 4 zone dampers daisy chained together in one zone trying to get six per zone on a two zone system

I don't know anything Tranr zoning, but is seems likely you can come up with a solution. Do you know the control signal type used by the actuators? If they are floating point or two piston, just throw a relay in, in place of the 4th damper which would allow you to switch on and off power to three additional activators via a second transformer.

Post Likes
    Think you can add another zoning panel and link them.

Post Likes
    Click on the black triangle at the bottom of your post and ask the moderators to move it to the AOP forum.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    thought about that and it seemed to be doable but dampers are modulating so if they only open half way the normally closed contacts would supply 24 volts and depending on which open or close they wouldnt stop until they reached the end of there travel good idea though

Post Likes
    i dont think so the tstats all communicate with three wires and have to be addressed which then goes to a relay panel and dampers go to each different zone

Post Likes
    So you have 12 dampers and you want 6 dampers/zone, the existing damper motors are modulating and daisy chained, correct.

Do you have 2 other dampers that would overlap into the same thermal zone as the 4 in question, or would it make more sense to make it a 3 zone system instead of 2 with 4 runs on each zone?

Post Likes
    yesterday was the first day on job and i found out where ducts were going and i did just that i was able to tie several together by running a new trunk line and putting a couple together off of one damper i actually found a few more branch runs that i hadnt seen when i priced out job there were actually 16 branches all together got it down to 3 dampers per zone somehow it always seems to work out in the end

Post Likes
    I still don't understand what you had or what you did but I think you went through a lot more work than you had to.

Post Likes

trane zoning wiring

im pretty sure that by doing some duct changes i simplified the zoning issues i had ie after thinking about using relays i would i thought be to convoluted possibly 2 or more relays for each zone gave it some more thought i attached a diagram i made that gets it done would have to do this for both zones keep in mind that i found 16 branches not 12 im now using 6 dampers instead of 10- 10 x $150= $1500 i can make a few duct changes for half that
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    I don't know which Trane zone system you have but I guess the reason I am having a hard time understanding this is I did a Trane zone system as a retrofit, put a zone damper in each run, daisy chained the ones together that made up a zone, and put 4 zones in. It did not take a relay or any extra ducting. The dampers modulate together for each zone.

Post Likes
    the reason for the issue is that according to trane you can only put 4 dampers on one zone

Post Likes
    I C