Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Question Life Beyond a Technician

Gentlemen,

We spend so much time focusing on trying to become the technical know it alls of our field, and proudly so, but what lies beyond the life of a service technician?

Do you guys plan on spending the rest of your days as a tech or is there something more to be achieved in this field? Any future business owners out there? How about other areas of advancement?

Just wondering what other plans you have for the future....

I plan on hitting the lottery every friday...someone however thwarts my plan every friday

I have watched a lot of guys get hurt in my field and have already had back surgery myself (unrelated to my job) so, YES, I am looking to get out day to day grind.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I have watched a lot of guys get hurt in my field and have already had back surgery myself (unrelated to my job) so, YES, I am looking to get out day to day grind.
    What do you have in mind? Or should I say, what other position would you like to get to with many years of market experience?

I myself enjoy the service work (most of the time). I dont think I would do very well behind a desk. I'm only 47 so I might change my mind later on

Sometime I actually have dreams that I am working on a piece of equipment or at work and I wake up mad. I hate wasting my dreams on work. I plan on retireing from the trade and then travel, hunt and fish.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

Intel is fishing. But not sure what for. Most market guys make 2 or 3 times anyone in the office and twice what the accountant makes. Plus once your on the road for some time is hard to give it up, anyone in my passenger seat aggrivates the s out of me. Even the ones i love. Going at it on your own in the market business is a big time investment. Im self employed but wouldnt dare enter that market.I stay with light commercial. Try a different bait. You cant put these guys in a cube. What are u really asking?

Quote Originally Posted by jtrefrig View Post
    Intel is fishing. But not sure what for. Most market guys make 2 or 3 times anyone in the office and twice what the accountant makes. Plus once your on the road for some time is hard to give it up, anyone in my passenger seat aggrivates the s out of me. Even the ones i love. Going at it on your own in the market business is a big time investment. Im self employed but wouldnt dare enter that market.I stay with light commercial. Try a different bait. You cant put these guys in a cube. What are u really asking?

Quick, put on your tin foil hat......we might be able to pick up on your other thoughts too..........
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    Quick, put on your tin foil hat......we might be able to pick up on your other thoughts too..........
    will my miller lite croshay "spelled wrong" hat work?

Nothing.......I just posed a question that I think about everyday......nothing more and nothing less.

I work for a self employed boss (a service tech who never became a true business man) and the micromanagement I and my fellow techs endure is rediculous. But like I said......just curious about what other techs have in mind for the future.

will my miller lite croshay "spelled wrong" hat work?
    LMAO!! Maybee.......
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

Now we are getting to the root of it. I smell mutiny. I lined up enough work to pay 2 months worth of bills and went at it. Sad but it is the American way.

I will have my own business one day. And it will be run the way every business should run.

I will have my own custom built log cabin in the middle of freakin nowhere.

Other than that.....just tryin to get through today to get to tomorrow
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast